Cumberland and TN. River

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
We just finished up our little trip on the Tennessee and Cumberland Rivers . We logged over two hundred miles . So far this has been our longest single trip .William for sure is the right boat for us at this time in our life .

Attachments

• IMG_3088.JPG
    IMG_3088.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
We just finished up our little trip on the Tennessee and Cumberland Rivers . We logged over two hundred miles . So far this has been our longest single trip .William for sure is the right boat for us at this time in our life .

Wifey B: We had such a blast on the TN river in May. Cumberland coming in August. If we didn't live on the coast, it would definitely be on the TN River. :)

We're taking the summer and fall to cruise the Tennessee and Cumberland. We started at Seabrook, Texas and have made it to Pickwick Lake. Our plan is to spend a couple of weeks exploring the area, then had downriver on the Tennessee, then upriver to Nashville and perhaps Old Hickory Lake.

I would appreciate any thoughts about Old Hickory. Is it worth the trip?

Thanks.

Paul

Great photo and great boat! One day we hope to give river cruising a try but for now we'll have to tough it out in the PNW.

We brought our boat up from Bradenton, FL and are now on Watts Bar Lake in East Tennessee. Don't tell anyone, but it's our favorite...

Wm Mayberry
OPYIMYSTIQUE
Mariner 40

Watts Bar Lake, Tennessee River

We brought our boat up from Bradenton, FL and are now on Watts Bar Lake in East Tennessee. Don't tell anyone, but it's our favorite...

Wm Mayberry
OPYIMYSTIQUE
Mariner 40

Watts Bar Lake, Tennessee River

Watts Bar is my favorite also, and I have spent years living around the Tennessee. Many coves and creeks to sneak into. It's very sheltered, clean water. What's not to like? Glad you are enjoying our river.

Marty, Great photo of William. It's good to see you stretching William's legs. Next time come on up to Chattanooga.

Marty, Great photo of William. It's good to see you stretching William's legs. Next time come on up to Chattanooga.
That's the direction we want to go next . I'm still working so not enough time off . Although last week while on the rivers and on MY vacation I still sold plenty of lumber and flooring with my cell phone and iPad. I hope to semi retire soon and do more of this .

We're taking the summer and fall to cruise the Tennessee and Cumberland. We started at Seabrook, Texas and have made it to Pickwick Lake. Our plan is to spend a couple of weeks exploring the area, then had downriver on the Tennessee, then upriver to Nashville and perhaps Old Hickory Lake.

I would appreciate any thoughts about Old Hickory. Is it worth the trip?

Thanks.

Paul
We haven't been very far on the Cumberland. Only to Barkley State Park so I can't say .
We had a great time last week and would do it again . Green Turtle Bay is a nice marina and Kattawa Bay Marina was great. The bar at Kattawa makes a mean rum and coke . But if you do go this way please holler at us at Paris Landing State Park Marina . Pebble Isle on the Tennessee is always a favorite stop . Here we are at Kattawa last week.

Attachments

• IMG_3057.jpg
    IMG_3057.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom