July Fourth Plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
So what are y'all doing on your fine vessels for the fourth?

We are heading off with the yacht club on Friday July 1 to the marina at Hammock Beach Resort in Palm Coast. Somehow I got lumbered with the trip captain duties for this one!

13 boats going down plus another 20 people booking into the condos by the marina.

Saturday July 1 - Docktail party by the pool. Sunday July 2 restaurant at European Village. Monday July 3 BBQ and fireworks at the resort. Tuesday July 4 running home.

48 souls attending in all! Never mind herding cats, more like kindergarteners!

And worst of all Donna says she is going to be bugging me!

Well, since you asked...

Us Canadian's will be celebrating our 150th on July 1st, so on the 4th I'll probably be at work. Still an important day for me though, as I quit drinking July 4th, 2010 :thumb:

Kids and grandkids are coming over on the weekend we will hangout with friends on a sandbar, do some fishing and boating. On the 4th we'll be anchored out to watch the fireworks at the Louisiana, Missouri riverfront.

Well, since you asked...

Us Canadian's will be celebrating our 150th on July 1st, so on the 4th I'll probably be at work. Still an important day for me though, as I quit drinking July 4th, 2010 :thumb:

Congrats Murray for your 7th year milestone.
I confirm, on July 4th I will be back at work.
Cannot wait to say that on July 4th I quit working :D

L.

Well, since you asked...

Here's to ya' :socool:

And worst of all Donna says she is going to be bugging me![/QUOTE]

Well it is my home port after all!!! :flowers:

I will be bringing a few things on board Sat. Most likely won't stay on board till Sunday and Monday night. You know what slip my crew will be in. I shall be no bother. :hide:

4th of July

It's hard to beat the show that Hilton puts on at Mildred Island in the California Delta. It been going on for many years and has become the largest gathering of boats in Northern California.

Well, since you asked...

Congratulations on both the 150 year anniversary of CA as well as your 7 year anniversary of sobriety.

As someone that fortunately escaped any addition but caffeine, I'm terribly impressed by those that have controlled it.

Provincetown Harbor (Cape Cod). Nice fireworks display.

Leaving Norfolk, VA and headed to multiple stops in Coastal NC starting the 30th of June. Spending the 4th anchored at our traditional July 4th party at my Aunt's Cottage on the Albemarle Sound.

We'll be at sea between Ketchikan and Victoria. :D

Wifey B: Back home, big cookout. Getting ready to head north on the boat on the 5th. :)

Well, since you asked...

We're doing our best to help. We'll be at the Van Rowing Club (made reservations five months ago) for the fireworks on the First and the parade on the second.

1-5-Oh, Canada.

It's hard to beat the show that Hilton puts on at Mildred Island in the California Delta. It been going on for many years and has become the largest gathering of boats in Northern California.

That's where I'll be for one night. After that, somewhere new each night.

All mods and maintenance are done, so she's ready to go.

Weather permitting, we plan to take the boat up the Potomac to DC for the fireworks, back to the marina on the 5th. This will be our fourth or fifth time doing this trip for the 4th. Nothing like being anchored and rafted up with our closest friends just off the Lincoln Memorial for the show.

Weather permitting, we plan to take the boat up the Potomac to DC for the fireworks, back to the marina on the 5th. This will be our fourth or fifth time doing this trip for the 4th. Nothing like being anchored and rafted up with our closest friends just off the Lincoln Memorial for the show.

Now THAT sounds awesome!

We left lake Champlain 4 days ago and are headed back down the Hudson. We have a date with Hell gate on the 28th. After that we are headed east. Looks like maybe Hyannisport or Edgartown for the fireworks.

Should be going through the Soo lock into Lake Superior in a couple of days. Hope to be in Marquette, Michigan watching the fireworks on the 4th.

Ted

Well, since you asked...

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: To You!

11/25/1995

I'll be overnighting at Angel Island on July 3, then heading back to Redwood City to watch the fireworks from my slip on the 4th.

Linda, her mom 93 yr. Ruth, many family/friends and I will be attending famous San Geronimo Valley small town 4th O' July parade. It's a kick!!

Linda and I are trying to plan 5 days on our Tolly for weekend after... we shall see!

I'll be overnighting at Angel Island on July 3, then heading back to Redwood City to watch the fireworks from my slip on the 4th.

So jealous, I grew up down Woodside Road from there.

Congrats, Murray - one FOB to another.

Wifey B: We played around on the water today but staying on land tomorrow. Huge group of people coming over. :D

IMG_4794.JPG
Bolt Castle today

Yeah, but they will let anyone in for $9.50[emoji3]

Beyond that, only our second trip in the St Lawerence. Lots of boats from both sides of the border.

Wifey B: We ended up with a little cookout and pool party for 25 and had a great day. Now, have relocated a couple of blocks to friend's house with all 25 plus picked up 4 more for a better view of the fireworks tonight, since the park they're launched in is directly across the ICW. May watch them from the pool but right now just having a light dinner. :)

This is our first time being home for July 4 and watching the fireworks since we moved to FLL. 2012 we were just in the process of moving, had just arrived and then a quick trip to NC. 2013 we were in Cape Charles, VA. 2014 we were in Valdez. 2015 we were in NYC. 2016 we were at Atlantis, Nassau. So this has really been a nice different day. We're anxious to see the show. We can hear the bands on the beach. Most of us walked over to see what was going on there earlier. We quickly walked back as the beach is wall to wall people. The beaches north and south of the fireworks location weren't too crowded. Everyone on Fort Lauderdale Park Beach. :eek:

It's been a fun day. Nice to be home and experience this the first time. Another reason I love living in Fort Lauderdale. The city knows how to play, how to put on a show, run a parade, host the boat show. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom