Cruisair Air conditioning not blowing cold...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

7tiger7

I have a Cruisair unit in my 43' Marine Trader.* It is pumping raw water, the fan blows, and I can hear the compressor turn on - but it just blows hot air.* On just the "Fan" setting it blows cool air. When I turn it to AC, it blows hot air, no matter how I adjust the temp knob.

Ideas?

7tiger7 wrote:
I have a Cruisair unit in my 43' Marine Trader.* It is pumping raw water, the fan blows, and I can hear the compressor turn on - but it just blows hot air.* On just the "Fan" setting it blows cool air. When I turn it to AC, it blows hot air, no matter how I adjust the temp knob.

Ideas?
*Sounds like it is stuck in the heat cycle.* There is a valve next to the compressor that does the switching.* Tap on it rather vigorously.* Rubber mallet.

I have a Mermaid and I'm sure they are about the same so here goes.......
did you try the reset button?
It took me a while to figure that one out. Sometimes it's the simplest things.

If that don't work, try turning off all power to it and actually disconnecting the source, like killing the dock power, then wait about 1 minute, re-connect and try again.

-- Edited by Tony B on Wednesday 3rd of August 2011 01:30:22 PM

7tiger7 wrote:
On just the "Fan" setting it blows cool air. When I turn it to AC, it blows hot air, no matter how I adjust the temp knob.
******** Why, in the summer, don't you leave it set at "Fan" and in the winter set it at "AC?"

******** (I'm sorry Tiger! I've been waiting for someone else to say that and they were too chicken to do so.) I apologize!

When our did the same thing last week, it was the condensation drain getting plugged with goo and the tray filling up with water and causing it to not cool. Water on the coils, water hitting the fan... works like a champ again by just blowing the crap out of the drain hose.

How do I find the valve or switch to rap on with the mallet? Could it be a bad rheostat control, so it doesn't realize I'm turning to "Cold" instead of "Warm"?

Back
Top Bottom