cottaged up boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eyschulman

Guru
Saw this yesterday. Looks like it started as a boat and has morphed into full blown ultimate boat cottage with all the comforts of home. Maybe next year it will have the hot tub on a added sun deck. Beats the high price of housing and real-estate tax in Seattle.

Attachments

• cottaged up.jpg
    cottaged up.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 354
  • cottaged up 2.jpg
    cottaged up 2.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 396
Funny thing is that these people are probably twice as happy and content as we all are at a small percentage of the cost. Getting a build certificate for insurance is probably a pain though. :)

I'm betting insurance is not part of the plan.

Ready for your customization. Comes with porch already done.

Cabin Cruiser.jpg

I kind of feel sorry for that poor boat. Of course, the owner probably thinks that when he goes to sell it, he will recoup all of his investment, because it is worth so much more than it was before. Of course, if that actually is what the owner thinks, he is COMPLETELY WRONG!

The Clampits and their vessel the Boatabego. They took up residence in the South end of the lake bout two months ago.

That boat is the reason we don't have mooring buoys on the South side of the Montlake cut anymore. They camped out there all last Winter and got kicked off the buoys for Opening Day. The buoys were removed so they couldn't return. Since then it's been floating around all over Lake Washington.

porman, are boats allowed to anchor in those areas where the mooring buoys were removed? Are there time limits on how long a boat can anchor in the lake?

Andrews Bay is the only official anchorage in Lake Washington, in Seattle. I believe you can anchor in Juanita Bay and Meydenbauer Bay since they are not part of Seattle. I doubt if you can anchor where the old buoys used to be. Depends on the mood of the Seattle Marine Patrol. The limit in Andrews Bay is 72 hours in a 7 day period.

Thanks Porman,

What about outside the UW stadium where tailgate boaters gather? Is that only open to anchoring on game day? Seems like a waste to have all that water at good depth and not be able to drop the hook for an overnighter.

I believe anchoring outside the moorage field is still allowed during game days. No overnights though, and if you want to go to the game you have to use their shuttle boats. Several years ago a bunch of us were anchored and rafted together. As soon as the game was over the Marine Patrol told us we had to leave immediately. Wouldn't even let us finish eating our barbecue. Now, I know a couple of the Marine Patrol officers and I think they do a great job, so I think they were just enforcing the rules.

ONE boat? That's all you got?

Down here in PeeDeeEx we got about twenty I can see off my deck, anchored off of Ross Island on the Willamette. And that's just in my line of sight. There are many many more strung out all through downtown, the channel and on the Columbia. Went past a few yesterday out of Tomahawk marina on the Columbia.

From their point of view, I can understand it's better than getting mugged/stabbed at night on land. But the hobo-boat thing is out of control here, no end to it in sight.

Did anyone read the article? This guy can't get a gig playing in his band so he wanted to create a venue. Thats the reason for this boat.

Now the thing is stuck, taking on water, damaging a dock and has a generator running 24/7 on the bow to keep the water out of the bilge. The sheriffs dept. is threatening to impound it! LMAO! That would be the BEST possible thing to happen!

Did you say cottages? Seen these in Oceanside Harbor...the marina is owned by the city and they do not care what is in the slip as long as the checks come in.

Attachments

• P1010002 (3).jpg
    P1010002 (3).jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 130
  • P1010004 (4).jpg
    P1010004 (4).jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 135
  • P1010003 (4).jpg
    P1010003 (4).jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 130
ancora,
The only downside to that IMO is it may be noisy moored next to a lived in cottage. What if the guy liked football at high volume?
But if they were nice people it would be a security plus.

Wait. The crazy dude with the sinking WinnaBayGo is named "Peter Phan"? Seriously?
Please tell me the boat's name is "Never Land."

Running the loop , one gets into many lakes where this style of houseboat/party barge / kid playground is fairly common.

The locals seem to love them as they do just what is desired to have fun with.

Running the loop , one gets into many lakes where this style of houseboat/party barge / kid playground is fairly common.

The locals seem to love them as they do just what is desired to have fun with.

If I find myself moving to a lakefront home, you can bet I'm getting a party barge!

https://youtu.be/V0O0nzkESTI

"If I find myself moving to a lakefront home, you can bet I'm getting a party barge!"

lake front can cost 2x or 3x the price of a home a block back from the water..

The money saved can pay for decades of slip space for the party barge.

Heck just the difference in property tax might do it.

FF, I hear 'ya, brother. But I'm spoiled. This is the view from my upper deck, almost the same from my home office. That's the Chesapeake Bay on the left, with Stoney Creek feeding into it from the right.

That's going to be hard to give up. That, and the $ and now I have a grandson ... all these things are conspiring to put me in a constant state of indecision.

First world problems, for sure!

Attachments

• Backyard.jpg
    Backyard.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom