Shakedown overnighter, WET!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Make
34' CHB
Finally got a chance where all schedules allowed an overnighter on the boat. Took off for Hope Is in Skagit Bay on a good, or at least no rain forecast on Saturday noon. Got the pick down on the north side and all was well, then it started to rain! Rained for a while and quit but was fairly cool and cloudy. Then it commenced to a lot of rain during the night and until nearly noon Sunday and time to go. Good ol springtime in the NW!. But more importantly the boat ran and behaved fine and my boy and I took the dog ashore in the skiff a few times and we ate good. Got home Sunday afternoon. My new to me 22# Hi Tensile Danforth worked really well, set easy, held in strong currents and some westerly. Time to go and picked up easy no problems. Had some hydraulic fluid leaking from the steering pump, probably dried out seals I suppose been sitting all winter. All in all a good albeit brief and wet shakedown.

Attachments

• IMG_3711.jpg
    IMG_3711.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_3713.jpg
    IMG_3713.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_3717.jpg
    IMG_3717.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_3719.jpg
    IMG_3719.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 129
Yeah, it was wet and cool. However, a wet and cool day on a boat in a nice scenic spot is still pretty darn nice! Glad things went smoothly.

That's why we have trawlers, instead of sitting in the cockpit in a rainsuit with the rain running down your neck, sitting comfortably in a nice chair, enjoying the view with a bracing beaker of beverage instead of peering out slit windows while on tiptoes...

Ok, now lets shoot for a few more days. To hell with work and responsibilities. That boat enjoys the time on the water as much as you!

The weather on your trip sounds just like the weather we had when we were there. We experienced about 2 straight months of rain this spring.
We still want to come back someday because the area is simply that beautiful!
There are worse things than rain in the PNW.
Bruce

Believe I may have seen your boat on the dock Bruce. I keep my boat in the town marina and often drive around the road down there looking around. We have had our share of rain, more than average actually, record setting in some cases. Been quite wet, but I aint moving anywhere. That's why WA is the Evergreen State.

And LaConner has The Pub, best fish and chips I've ever had anywhere!
Bruce

Nice boat, 78PT! Congrats on a successful shakedown cruise.

Is this a new boat to you or a shakedown season opener?

That's why we have trawlers, instead of sitting in the cockpit in a rainsuit with the rain running down your neck, sitting comfortably in a nice chair, enjoying the view with a bracing beaker of beverage instead of peering out slit windows while on tiptoes...

Telling it like it IS! :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom