Rawson Cruiser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhazlett

Is anyone familiar with Rawson boats? I am looking for information on Ron Rawson cruisers. I know they are a well known NW commercial fishing boat and they are well known for their 30' sail boats. They built 15, 32' cruisers and 20, 38' cruisers, but that is all the information I can find on their "trawler" type pleasure boats. If anyone has any information or history with one of these "cruisers" please let me know. I am in the process of purchasing this boat and want more information. Thanks
3n43o83p95O45V25R4a6c8ec094c5f0541fde.jpg

Look up Chris Foster under "list all users" above. He hasn't been posting for some time.Perhaps you can draw him out. Here is a very nice Rawson fish boat from Petersburg.
Now that I look at the picture better I think this may not be the same boat (Rawson).

Eric Henning

-- Edited by nomadwilly on Saturday 10th of July 2010 08:47:20 PM

Attachments

• all to 12-15-09 481.jpg
    all to 12-15-09 481.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 371
Very handsome boat there rhazlett!!!

Thank you, I hope the deal comes together. Im having the survey done at the end of the week.**Here is another pic*of the boat Im hopefully getting. Its in Sitka and Im in Kodiak.* Its gonna be a heck of a ride home.**Gonna take three weeks and enjoy it.** I see your*TX,* I*used to live in Jamaica Beach.**I moved up*here to Kodiak in 07.*

Very handsome boat but I am hoping for more more writings on "Life in Kodiak, AK."

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Tuesday 2nd of August 2011 09:22:03 AM

Welcome aboard.
*From a fellow Alaskan. Not of the southest variety. *I hang up in the Prince William Sound. One trip I plan is to Kodiak. I'll look you up if I get down your way.

* SD

SD,
Where are you at?* Maybe when I get the boat and bring it from Sitka to Kodiak, I can swing by and see ya.* I would love any local knowledge of PWS area.* I plan on going from Sitka to Yakutat, to Cordova, to Seward then on to Kodiak.* I will stop in more places along the way to sight see and to wait for weather.* Any must see places and or places to watch out for will be greatly appreciated.* I have been all over SE Alaska, Yakutat, and Cordova but it was on a CG Buoy Tender so I didnt get much exploring in.

I'm wondering about your status also. The boat I thought you were looking at was the well known Roberts. See prev pic on this thread. I was looking at one last winter** ...a 36' Roberts built as a trawler. I think Rawson built more pleasure boats. I've seen many.

Back
Top Bottom