Pairadice and ASD Alaska Adventure 2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We got here around 6:30, walked off the plane into 95* heat. I wanted to get back inside the plane where it was air conditioned.

Next Tuesday can't come fast enough.

Anybody find the current position? My free AIS can not locate them in the Juneau area. Did they deviate?

Found their neminis 'Morning Star' below Juneau.

Al-Ketchikan

Last edited:
I HATE hot weather with a passion. Unfortunately we need to take off for Phoenix today for a week. Not a trip of my choosing, but necessary.

It'll be 105+ for the next couple of days and up to 116 before the weekend.

Did I mention that I HATE hot weather?

I just flew back from Sidney. Next week in Phoenix is forecast for 120F. Carefree 10 degrees less. Bring your suit, the pool is nice and beer cold. Can't wait to leave again.

I just flew back from Sidney. Next week in Phoenix is forecast for 120F. Carefree 10 degrees less. Bring your suit, the pool is nice and beer cold. Can't wait to leave again.

Hey Tom- I happen on a email from you dated March28 talking about coming to Alaska. What the Heck!!!:dance: Well given the weather we are having this year, our temps are like "Igloo". Currently like 50 degrees, SE Wind at 20 kts. and rain.
Like Murray from Kitimat posted in another thread. 'It keeps the riff raft out of the neighborhood".:lol:

Al-Ketchikan

Snow came down to about 5,000' on the mountains last night here in Kitimat and currently 8C (46f) :)

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 9.18.03 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 9.18.03 PM.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 46
You can track Alaska Sea Duction via his spot signal, click here......
:thumb:

Thanks!! Funny, I just canceled my Enbridge contract and signed up with SPOT. I have an older model 'Satellite GPS Messenger'. Won it in auction about three or four years ago and never activated. Checked with SPOT and yes it is still serviced. Going to make a new thread to ask a couple of questions. one of which revolves around tracking. Thanks again.:Thanx:
Al-Ketchikan

Hey all!

We made it to Juneau and secure at the Harris Harbor. We have been without internet and cell service for the week or so.

Left Wrangle on the the10th and anchored in Thomas bay for 2 nights. Set crab pots with no luck. Mosquito's and No seeum's dined heavily on John. Nice quiet cove and Tom and Kay had a nice hike across the bay. Several other boats shared the bay with us.
Left Thomas bay on the 12th and anchored in Snug Cove at Gambier Bay for one night. The entrance has a few options but only one of them is really a safe one, on the North side. We did some Halibut fishing in the five finger islands, and the fishing Queen Kay was the only one to get a fish onboard. We had Beer battered "butt" nuggets for dinner.
Left Snug Cove on the 13th and anchored in "No Name" cove, just inside Holkham bay at Tracey Arm for 2 days. We had a great trip up to Sawyer Glacier. We took Tom and Kay onboard Pairadice.
Left Tracey Arm this morning and arrived in Juneau 6 hours later.
Total miles so far, 1,396 for Tom, 1,465 for John.
Pics to follow. But first, its "Beer O'Clock".

Cheers, John

Pics

Just a few to wet the appetite.

Attachments

• IMG_0442.jpg
    IMG_0442.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0438.jpg
    IMG_0438.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0435.jpg
    IMG_0435.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0441.jpg
    IMG_0441.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 56
We were circling the Eagles, in our Dinks.

Attachments

• IMG_0434.jpg
    IMG_0434.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0433.jpg
    IMG_0433.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 47
Gee ya survived no internet and cell service for over two days? Remarkable. HaHa.

Chickened out on Ford's Terror?

Last edited:
Gee ya survived no internet and cell service for over two days? Remarkable. HaHa.

I wondered on that as well. Maybe on their way South if they don't head West.

No, was a matter of time. Maybe go back if we don't go west like Al said.
Head to Scagway Sunday for the Steam train and back here Monday night.

So much to see, so little time.

Hi Tom & Kay. Just stumbled across your thread. Had no idea you'd be heading out on another trip north so quickly! Looks like an awesome one. Enjoy and keep the posts coming!

Olny in Alaska where the air is 52f, water 48f, in shorts and in the rain!

Attachments

• 20170615_212444.jpg
    20170615_212444.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 59
Hi Tom & Kay. Just stumbled across your thread. Had no idea you'd be heading out on another trip north so quickly! Looks like an awesome one. Enjoy and keep the posts coming!

Welcome back! We are finding a whole new world out there at 7.5kts!! Ford Terror is on my bucket list.:dance:

here are a few more pics. Pairadice in front of the glacier is one of my favorites:thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_5237.jpg
    IMG_5237.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5240.jpg
    IMG_5240.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5242.jpg
    IMG_5242.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5518.jpg
    IMG_5518.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5570.jpg
    IMG_5570.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5603.jpg
    IMG_5603.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5671.jpg
    IMG_5671.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5749.jpg
    IMG_5749.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_5969.jpg
    IMG_5969.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5989.jpg
    IMG_5989.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 65
Ok Bud, we will be over in a bit. You got some splaining to do.

But that Nordy sure is a purdy boat!

One of our friends on the trail!!

Attachments

• Bear.jpg
    Bear.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 79
You four are having waaaaay too much fun. Love the pics on your blog, please keep 'em coming.

What are the daytime temps you're in?

You four are having waaaaay too much fun. Love the pics on your blog, please keep 'em coming.

What are the daytime temps you're in?

right now rain and in the mid 50s. Feels like winter on the Columbia! Looks like a good size storm heading this way....

John, we're in Shearwater for a couple days and will be in Ketchikan in about a week, weather permitting. I'll be looking for you guys on AIS when we get to SE. Most of our time in July and August will be on the west side of Prince of Wales chasing fish although we may head up to Sitka too. Your pictures are great.

On our way to Skagway on the Alaska State ferry for a few days. Riding the steam locomotive over Chilkoot Pass.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom