Has anyone created a virtual boat tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MV Cormorant

Vessel Name
Cormorant
Vessel Make
Seahorse Marine Coot
I have been experimenting with 360 photos in regards to marketing my trawler.
Does anyone here have any experience creating virtual tours for boats or homes using spherical photos? What software are you using to create the tours? I have seen several option but most are geared toward the commercial users making several tours a month. Any advice?

For those interested, here is a link to my webpage with 360 photos:

360° Photos | Cormorant

I'll say this about the 360 degree tour. When I purchased my boat, I was living in Germany and had to view it on Yachtworld as it was being sold by a Brokerage in Daytona Beach, FL.. The ad was a 360 tour. It left no question that this was the boat I wanted to survey immediately. Most especially, it was the tour that my Admiral needed to see to join me in my enthusiasm. I still needed to see the survey, but I think the 360 tour was the deal closer for her.

I look at a lot of boat ads and find the 360 tour distracting. It takes too long to load, is usually shot with a fish eye lense that distorts everything....and I have to wait through video of things that I'm not interested in.... For example....if the galley is on the left side of the salon, and the right side is just bare windows....it spends he same time on the windows as the galley..

I'd do the basic walking talking tour...start in the cockpit...walk forward with the camera narrating as you go to the bow...then come back. Then do the foredeck and flybridge.

My 2 biggest pet peeves are ads that have cheesy music put to them ( if you're going to have my attention for 5-10 minutes, tell me about the boat!! ) and videos that are just still photos "sliding" accross the screen.

I much prefer the first example (Oscar Falkman) without such fisheye distortion. The original ad for my boat was something similar with the ability to speed up, reverse or redurect with a touch screen. I agree that the fisheye (2nd example) spoils the impression.

Tourweaver from easypano.com is popular.

3D Vista Stitcher.

Flashificator.

One used a lot in real estate is Tour Wizard at tourwizard.net

tourfactory.com

circlepix.com

Here's a site that lets you create tours fairly easily. Free web service for virtual tour creation (software) | Tourmaker

Distortion mentioned above is a result of poor panoramic photo taking. Current smartphones are better than older were at that. Also, positioning when taking photo.

Tourweaver from easypano.com is popular.

3D Vista Stitcher.

Flashificator.

One used a lot in real estate is Tour Wizard at tourwizard.net

tourfactory.com

circlepix.com

Here's a site that lets you create tours fairly easily. Free web service for virtual tour creation (software) | Tourmaker

Distortion mentioned above is a result of poor panoramic photo taking. Current smartphones are better than older were at that. Also, positioning when taking photo.

Thanks for the links

Back
Top Bottom