View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 09:14 AM   #12
Blissboat
Guru

City: Jacksonville Beach, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by AusCan View Post
In regard to airlines, I wonder when they will start charging by weight for the passenger. They charge a small fortune for being one pound over in luggage weight, but charge the same for a 100 pound person or a 300 pound person.

When getting charged for excess baggage, I once questioned this policy, before realizing the airline employee I was speaking to was considerably overwieght. I got a curt reply.
(Thread creep warning).

As to the airlines, I would be unsurprised to discover that, somewhere in the nether reaches of that industry's strategic planning community, a lot of clever people are at work figuring out how to persuade the traveling public that it's perfectly safe to buy a ticket on pilotless, remotely-operated airliners.

The benefits will be endless. Without an aircrew on board, the weight savings alone add up. Then two or three additional revenue seats open up, and they can charge extra for those two seats way up in front, with forward-facing and side windows.