Finally getting under way!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Don1500

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
M/V Nomad
Vessel Make
Camano Troll 31
Finished up with the last doctor appointment and now we are ready.

Sunday (June 11,2017) Ro and I are moving aboard Nomad for our trip north! This has been a long time coming and it couldn't happen fast enough. I like Myrtle Beach, but I need to get on the water.

This week I called out a mechanic to do a complete mechanical check up on Nomad. He changed the oil in all three motors, all the filters, checked the raw water screens and fixed a couple of other things. I now am solid with the fact that the boat is in very good shape. I couldn't do this stuff because of my "new" knee. Climbing over the engines and kneeling on the diamond plate floor would not only be painful, but I could damage my knee.

We are spending the time today and tomorrow stocking up on provisions, clothes, and other junk you need to live aboard for the next 6 months.

I will try to keep this up to date. Oh, yes, be sure to check out Ro's blog (Click Here) she has her own views on this trip.

Last edited:
Yes, but the knee is 1 month old.

Also, this is a "New to me" boat that I have never had out on a trip. Since the survey I have become "disenchanted" with the engineer that did it. Not saying he was bad, but I later found his knowledge to be a bit lacking. Getting this second opinion was just to set my mind at ease.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom