Need 34 LRC settee dimensions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Newman

Vessel Name
Green Sea II
Vessel Make
Californian 34 LRC (1979)
Just bought a 1978 Californian 34 LRC. It came with two chairs and a fold out table where the settee would be. Can someone send me the dimensions for their settee/double berth so I can restore it to the original design? Thanks.

It might depend on the rest of the furniture; refrigerator, etc. I have a 1984 34 LRC. I'll be on it this weekend & will try to get some measurements for you. A pic of your salon might help. My table is on posts in front of the settee.

Hi Bob, I have a 1981 LRC 34. I am just in the middle of doing some interior repairs, I will be at the boat tomorrow and will take some measurements and pics. I think the table is original - it is one of those folding hi/lo tables with leaves. I am in North Vancouver so not too far away if you want to see it in person.
Cheers, Herb

Here are some images and dimensions. I would think about NOT putting the sloping back on - it seems to take up a lot of space and construction material where a pillow may do the same job. The construction is 5/8 plywood. There is a leg that folds down at the rear corner when the bed is extended. Drawer slides are incorporated into it to roll out the extension, but I would not bother with these - keep it simple! Good luck and let me know if you need any other dimensions.
Cheers, Herb

Attachments

• LRC34 dinette base.jpg
    LRC34 dinette base.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 99
  • LRC34 dinette closed.jpg
    LRC34 dinette closed.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 84
  • LRC34 dinette dimensions.jpg
    LRC34 dinette dimensions.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 109
  • LRC34 dinette open.jpg
    LRC34 dinette open.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 102
  • LRC34 dinette table.jpg
    LRC34 dinette table.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 108
  • LRC34 dinette1.jpg
    LRC34 dinette1.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 101
Californian 34 settee

Herb, thanks for your great reply. I'll send pics when it's finished.

Hi Bob, did you finish your settee? We are about to do ours over too we have 1981. I looked at the Sea magazine picts that came with our boat and noticed the settee didn't seem to have that back offset. Ours currently does... Was wondering if you opted to keep that style or not?

Settee

The best thing we ever did was remove the settee. In its place we put a nice futon that if far more comfy to sit and sleep in. The original one never worked well as a double so it was very narrow. We put some nice carpeting on the sides and it looks pretty good. For me the biggest benefit was gaining easy access to both sides of my port engine. The floor boards are now free to lift up making it easy for service.

SM,

I could see how that would be beneficial. Got any pics? Do you miss the under-settee storage? My mahogany paneling extends to just below the seat back of the settee on the port wall under the windows. Below that I think it's just unfinished, epoxied plywood.

When I got my 34 LRC, I found the rectangular table was interfering with settee access. I replaced it with two 22-inch round tables (plus a cockpit table mount) which gives me better flexibility for table placement and people movement.

Both of my hatches open from the salon sole but my simpler jobs are accomplished through the fwd ER door. When it comes time for bigger jobs like oil change and impeller replacement, I prefer to lift the hatches. My port coolant cap is only accessible from inside the under-settee cabinet. There's a small access door there to check or add coolant.

I will get some pics next week. I had the exact same small access door on the port side. Being 6-4 and doing all of my own maintenance, i was glad to trade the storage for the access.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom