private messaging, post response on top or underneath?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdowney717

Guru
Vessel Name
Old Glory
Vessel Make
1970 Egg Harbor 37 extended salon model
The few times I have posted private messages in an exchange, I dont know if you post responses under or above the text.
I would naturally think it should flow from top to bottom in age time of the message.
Except that people seem to post above all the messages of the text?

I have seen it turn into a confusing mess trying to follow the flow.

I think it should flow just like the forum posts flow, with the newer ones at the bottom.

Last edited:
I post above the last text.

Have seen it done both above and below by others.

Wifey B: Toilet seat up or down? Toilet tissue front or back? Does it really matter? :confused:

Wifey B: 1.Toilet seat up or down? 2. Toilet tissue front or back? Does it really matter? :confused:

1. Depends on how b-r-o-a-d a butt the user has!

2. Depends on how much of a rush one is really in!!

:dance::dance::dance:

Made the maiden voyage on a new tug once, just underway, had to use the head. New toilet, no seat! Ran to the skipper and told him, says he, "I wondered who would need to use it first, here go put the seat on!". LOL.

I hear you about where to reply though. On another forum it tends to get confusing as well. I put it wherever it will fit and hope for the best.

Greetings,
Re: Post #3. TP front or back...

Toilet+paper+debate_61e24c_5667637.jpg

I can never figure out where the message goes, so I just put it wherever.

I'm easy. I follow whatever pattern the other person starts. If I'm the first to respond, then I normally go bottom but not always.

Greetings,
Re: Post #3. TP front or back...

Toilet+paper+debate_61e24c_5667637.jpg

Seems so obvious to both of us but others just don't get it.

We've never argued over the toilet seat as we both understood it was likely to have to be changed a good percentage of the time.

I will sometimes delete all prior message content and post in a fresh and empty window. Just sayin'.

I will sometimes delete all prior message content and post in a fresh and empty window. Just sayin'.

Butt, Butt... wait just a minute! :rofl: :lol:

If you just click on reply to a PM, you will find the default is for it to go under the message being replied to, and if one exchanges several, then each ends up ringed off by a margin, with the latest reply at the bottom with no surrounding margin line. That way the whole conversation flows in sync & chrono order, top to bottom, so why mess with the default format?
Just sayin'...Seeing that was the original question put.

If you just click on reply to a PM, you will find the default is for it to go under the message being replied to, and if one exchanges several, then each ends up ringed off by a margin, with the latest reply at the bottom with no surrounding margin line. That way the whole conversation flows in sync & chrono order, top to bottom, so why mess with the default format?
Just sayin'...Seeing that was the original question put.

Peter did u just get my PM ?

Back
Top Bottom