New Bimini Installed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Speedy Charlotte
Vessel Make
Beneteau Swift Trawler 44
Got my Bimini installed this week. Boat didn't come with one, so both the fabric and frame are new. I think they did a very nice job. It was done by Alameda Canvas. They said to take the boat out and see how it performs, and if I think it needs it, they said they'd add a few support cables to eliminate any side to side movement. It's a bit tall to accommodate my Son and I. I'm 6'3" and he's 6'4" and still growing (he's 16).

They normally angle the front and rear stainless rails but he thought having them upright would match the look of the boat with its straight windshield. I think he's right.

Anyways, thought I'd share. Was hoping to do our first overnight to Half Moon Bay today but the weather for Memorial Day coming back up the coast looks less than ideal. Especially for our first trip outside of the Gate. Was originally showing 4 to 5 feet at 18 seconds. Now forecasting 6 to 8 feet at 7 seconds.

IMG_8525.JPGIMG_8529.JPGIMG_8533.JPG

That canvas height and angle looks very good to my eye, Michael. Very nice!

I'll be in your neighborhood next week for a city vacation and Beer Camp. I'm planning to peek outside the gate in search of whales. I, too, will be watching the buoy reports.

NDBC - Station 46237 Recent Data

I'll keep an eye out for Speedy Charlotte. Holler if you see me go by! I'll get some action photos of you with your new top.

Does it have any side to side support? Without any it may rack sideways.

For just a bimini, side loading isn't that extreme...especially on a slower vessel not subject to pounding.

If side panels are ever added, then I would suggest some cross straps or bracing.

Alameda Canvas has a good reputation. It looks great. Now head up to the Delta and really give it a work out!

Very nice! I bought a sailboat that had older canvas done by those guys and it was still looking great. Enjoy!

Cheers, Bill

Looks great Michael. Are you loving your ST44? I sure do like the color.

Looks great Michael. Are you loving your ST44? I sure do like the color.

Yeah, we love it so far. Looking forward to going out with the bimini!

Assume you're still happy with yours?

Does it have any side to side support? Without any it may rack sideways.

Not yet, but they said they would add some if I get it had too much sideways movement.

Yes, all good. Still learning things and wishing I was out on her more often. Have yet to make a voyage very far outside the Gate. Taking her up to Willow Berm Marina in the Delta soon for the summer...looking forward to some warm summer time.

Back
Top Bottom