New member new boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sagdito

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Vivante
Vessel Make
Island Gypsy 36
Hi all, new to forum and new to power craft, always been a grotty yachty in the past but have now turned over a new leaf and am the proud owner of a Island Gypsy 36 aft cabin 1998 with twin 210hp Cummins. Boy have I got lots to learn.
So if you think some of my questions seem a bit basic please understand that at 70yrs this is all very new to me.
My wife and I are looking forward to all the creature comforts a boat like this offers.
Looks like a great forum with lots of knowledgeable people contributing.
Cheers Phil.:thumb:

Good to welcome another from Down-under. Nice boat that. We have a policy however, no pics - it doesn't exist. :D

If you have trouble posting pics, then just yell out for help, but if you look up the stickies - ie permanent info posts - there are good descriptions of how to do most things on here. Also please go into User CP (control panel), and put in something about yourselves in the profile, it makes it much more informative.
:Thanx:

Welcome aboard :thumb:

We came to the trawler world via sea kayaking, and you're right, there are lots of knowledgeable people here who don't mind answering basic questions over and over again.

Congratulations on you new boat. There are at least 3 IG36 owners on TF located in Australia. Ask away, we will try to help.

Congratulations and welcome!

˙Ⅎ┴ uo ǝɹǝɥ ʎuɐɯ ooʇ ʇoN ˙lᴉɥԀ sᴉ ǝɯɐu s,uos ɹnO ˙pɹɐoqɐ ǝɯoɔlǝM
'sƃuᴉʇǝǝɹפ

Rtf, you should donate your brain to scientific research.

Attachments

• RT Firefly.jpg
    RT Firefly.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 92
Rtf, you should donate your brain to scientific research.

Isn't that pretty much what TF is all about? Only here it's called Pleasureboattific! RT fits in well, upside down sometimes too often, but pretty well anyway!

Welcome Aboard!! :thumb:

Yeah...touché Olivier..! :D

Merci mon ami !

Also you could add, "the North Hemisphere's perception of the world, all too often" :
:D

Attachments

• UPSIDE DOWN.jpg
    UPSIDE DOWN.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Merci mon ami !

Also you could add, "the North Hemisphere's perception of the world, all too often" :
:D

I snorted coffee. Thanks. ROFL

Hi all, new to forum and new to power craft, always been a grotty yachty in the past but have now turned over a new leaf and am the proud owner of a Island Gypsy 36 aft cabin 1998 with twin 210hp Cummins. Boy have I got lots to learn.

So if you think some of my questions seem a bit basic please understand that at 70yrs this is all very new to me.

My wife and I are looking forward to all the creature comforts a boat like this offers.

Looks like a great forum with lots of knowledgeable people contributing.

Cheers Phil.:thumb:

Hey Phil .. I'm a new member as well and have just acquired a 1981 36 island Gypsy .. boat is moored in Vancouver Canada .. see attached pic..

Attachments

• Image1492893291.388864.jpg
    Image1492893291.388864.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 120
Island Gypsy's everywhere it seems. Nice to see two new members.

Hi Guys - Real nice prow on the bow. I like your boat! Kinda reminds me of our Tollycraft.

Welcome aboard TF - Cheers!! - Art :speed boat:

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. Nice boat.

Congratulations looks great love the pic nice spot.

Nice! TY for picts!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom