How many dog and cat people owners cruise with you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How many dogs and/or cats allow you to cruise with them?

• No Dogs or Cats

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • One Dog, No Cats

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • One Cat, No Dogs

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • One Dog, One Cat

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Two Dogs, No Cats

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Two Cats, No Dogs

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Two Dogs, One Cat

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Two Cats, One Dog

• Two Cats, Two Dogs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Three or more Dogs or Cats or 5 or more combined.

• Total voters

BandB

Guru
Wifey B: I know a lot here have dogs and cats that cruise with them, so how many of each? :D

Two Yorkies (weigh less than your average cat) and one 130lb+ Pyrenees/Lab cross.

One 90 lb Lab.

W.B., One female border collie. Tolerates the boat to get on shore with a frizbee.

Our two Scottish Terrorists!
Pepper and his wife Mattie.
Bruce

Attachments

• IMG_2059.jpg
    IMG_2059.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 91
W.B., One female border collie. Tolerates the boat to get on shore with a frizbee.

I can understand.
One female kelpie; Life revolves around the frizbee.

One Maltweiler who smokes.

Attachments

• Billy.jpg
    Billy.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 76
We would have loved to take our dog cruising, but Angus positively hated anything to do with water. I tore a rotator cuff trying to lift this struggling 115-lb Ridgeback onto our Defever. Here he is trying to figure a way across our creek without getting his feet wet.

When we get over his loss and get another dog, it will be exposed to water at an early age and will cruise with us.

I can understand.
One female kelpie; Life revolves around the frizbee.

Tennis balls, too? We bring a couple dozen each summer when we go to Alaska. She thinks it's cute to toss them overboard. :confused:

Two cats. They drool a little on the rough passages but are fine for most cruising.

We have no dog or cat as we are just thinking about how to deal with it aboard, but I am loosing my hair all around the boat so it is similar :D

Simply found it much easier to satisfy my pet fix by visiting other boaters with pets. Everybody seems happy with the arrangement, especially the dogs and cats.

Ted

Same! One female lab/border collie....40lbs, Bimini is her name.

Must play frisbee!

We have no dog or cat as we are just thinking about how to deal with it aboard, but I am loosing my hair all around the boat so it is similar :D

Ha! Been there, doing that. What doesn't turn gray falls out.:eek:

The Yorkies (Darwin & Mable) are house dogs and pretty much stay on the boat except for bathroom breaks ashore. Here they are in Barnard Harbour, north coast BC.

Zain, otherwise known as The Beach Master (so named because if he's completely relaxed we know there are no bears around) accompanies us on all our hikes. Here he is on a ridge in McMicking Inlet, Campania Island, north coast BC.

Attachments

• Yorkies - Barnard Harbour.jpg
    Yorkies - Barnard Harbour.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Zain - Campania Island ridge.jpg
    Zain - Campania Island ridge.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 84
Zain, asleep in snow

Attachments

• Zain - asleep in snow.jpg
    Zain - asleep in snow.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 76
Simply found it much easier to satisfy my pet fix by visiting other boaters with pets. Everybody seems happy with the arrangement, especially the dogs and cats.

Ted
No dogs allowed aboard our boat. We do welcome a cat named Fish owned by another live aboard couple in our marina. Fish occasionally wanders aboard for a look-see and exits after exploring a bit. Fish is a real character.

Our current answer (one cat) isn't representative of our boating progression. We started with a Great Pyrenees and a big Golden Retriever. Next was another big Golden Reciever, with two cats at home. Eventually the cats came aboard so we could medicate one of 'em 2x/day. Now, only the one cat left and she seems to be quite happy once on board (although she dislikes the ride from home to boat). I suspect wifey is shopping.

-Chris

Inspecting the catch...
DSC_0526.JPG
Lilly and Jenny on the lookout.JPG

Our dog Radar loves going on the boat. Open the back door and tell him to go to the boat and he goes nuts and runs to the boat.

Two dogs, Pug and a Spaniel. One cat, Persian.
Hard to imagine being without them.

Attachments

• IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0523.jpg
    IMG_0523.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 70
Our mini lab Pearl always goes to the boat with us. We have a cat at the land home too but the cat doesn't get to go boating. Kitty guards the house while we're gone.

ForumRunner_20170603_103340.jpg

One pig and one bear.

Both low maintenance. Wheeeeee!

Cute photos but no animals on board for me... I am too particular with my boat and would rather avoid hair and scratch marks. I have enough to worry about or consume my time. Fish at home are great though!

Last edited:
OK, I guess we're the only ones that cruise with two cats.

Back
Top Bottom