Off and Running

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Spike, we left Pontchartrain Landing a month ago almost exactly. We have been lollygagging along the coast and only made it as far as Panama City so far. Heading to Port St. Joe on Wednesday and hang around there a few days prior to making the jump over to the Florida west coast. You might even catch up with me at the rate we are moving.

Friends of ours bought a boat and after one month headed off to do the loop. They came home for a weeks brake from boating and we got together to talk about trip. I asked the wife " How's Docking in the marinas with all the boats." GREAT answer: I stand on the deck and when we get close I yell "may need some help this the first time we do this" !!! She said everyone comes to help.

:lol::lol:

Brilliant.

I'm hearing of bad weather and possible tornado in the Madisonville area. I hope you all are keeping safe!
good luck

Another great weekend in Madisonville !!!! Met up with Star and David, had drinks drinks and more drinks then on Friday the go fast boats for the Ticfaw 200 Poker Run started showing up until Sat night. Big money boats !!!!

Spike how was Jazz Fest ?????

We had a great time! Let's do it again next Thursday...this time it's on us you big sneak! And thanks for the boat ride on a Saturday too!

I'm hearing of bad weather and possible tornado in the Madisonville area. I hope you all are keeping safe!
good luck

We were out of town in Baton Rouge. My daughter graduated from LSU today...woohoo.
But we heard the weather got really bad. I read several reports of tornadic like weather with hail.

We were out of town in Baton Rouge. My daughter graduated from LSU today...woohoo.
But we heard the weather got really bad. I read several reports of tornadic like weather with hail.

2:30AM??? Lord you're up early or out late. Congratulation on the graduate. Almost home free. Good luck on the trip.

Was coming across causeway Friday at 11:00 AM wind and rain so bad traffic down to 10MPH, about 2:30PM was at boat and another front came through wind 40+ and rain so hard could not see across river. Steve there was a tornado in Madisonville near marina.

Madisonville always has something going on for the boating enthusiast, this week was the Dragon Boat Races. Can not beat river slips at Marina Del Ray always where the boating action is.

We need an update on your travels. Made the jump yet?

Still in Madisonville,,,, There is so much going on during the weekends up here we decided to stay a while longer and take it all in. Also Bent Marine is updating all electronics and teaching us old folks how to use it all. Looking to leave for Gulfport mid June. Thanks Cajun for asking!!!!

Don't you know you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Go back to the sextant. ?

Lap top "off and running" finally,now will post pics.

Rain rain go away, rained all week and looks like all next week. With the weather as it is all there is to do is visit the local restaurants.:dance: Last night had char broiled oysters topped with crab meat at Mortons :thumb::thumb:

We'll don't feel bad, we are getting plenty of it here too. The rain, no charbroiled oysters!

MAN MAN MAN!!!!! Rain ALL this week and ALL next week

Same over here. Although it is handy for filling up Okeechobee. I am gonna head out this week anyway and take it in small bites. It's not raining 24 hours a day. Usually in the afternoons around here.

MC

Where are you heading???

Dunedin, Clearwater, St. Pete, Sarasota, Sanibel then Fort Meyers.
Probably just an over night at each place unless I see something that makes me want to stay longer. I have friends in St. Pete, Sanibel and Fort Meyers so I might have my schedule corrupted in these locations. We shall see.

BACK HOME !!!!!

After about 3 months on the boat we are back home for period of time. As a school bus driver we start school next week, and My Bride slipped on the new paint job, have not put the non skip down yet, and broke a rib, not good, sofa rest for a while.

WHAT A GREAT TIME WE HAD!!!!!! The new friends we met, old friends Star 0210 and David 0210 were great, Star and David going to miss the Thur night 1/2 price shrimp for 1/2 ordered lol, all the wine, beer and bloody marys we consumed. Sunny our neighbor is always ready for a beer and Leo and family from Cuba GREAT food mama Leo cooks. We did not make our trip East, instead we put two coats of paint on the cabin, decks, sundecks and fly bridge, boat looks great. Found a large number of people from Houma that have a boat in Madisonville or were looking to buy a boat or have moved to the North Shore.

YES BOAT LIFE COULD BE US for now !!!!!!!

What an awesome time. Sounds absolutely great!
Thanks for allowing us to tag along vicariously.

OD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom