Prairie in green cove springs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Start of a long Journey

Well got up there and started the work as you will see in the pictures got the bottom paint and started on the motors found that one starter was bad other than that boat was in better condition than what I expected will post more as I make it up there I live 186 miles away just trying to get it all prepped or the journey back to Clearwater will finsh the rest after I get her here

Attachments

• IMG_0995.jpg
    IMG_0995.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0762.jpg
    IMG_0762.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0763.jpg
    IMG_0763.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 106
Oh, wow. Great to see the old girl coming back to life. Keep posting status!

Well got up there and started the work as you will see in the pictures got the bottom paint and started on the motors found that one starter was bad other than that boat was in better condition than what I expected will post more as I make it up there I live 186 miles away just trying to get it all prepped or the journey back to Clearwater will finsh the rest after I get her here

Thanks for the photos, and the report on the progress. From what I can see, the bottom and the rudders look OK. Guess it can make it back to Clearwater with just one engine if it has to, using the Okeechobee Waterway, although of course two would be preferable.

Took the old starter off looked all over up there and they wanted 397.00 for rebuild and 687.00 for new and a 1week wait so came back to Clearwater and had rebuilt for 150.00 and she ready so will be going back after the 10 of April got to have both motors I don't believe in half a**** it and can't wait �� to get the old girl back and give her the facelift she deserves
Will keep all of you informed on progress

Nice job on the bottom paint. I agree that if you've got twins it's better to use both of them. However, this summer I plan to do several maneuvers with one then the other engine shut down. Knowing how she will handle in those conditions will be of great value. Good luck on your trip home.

BTW what paint and how many coats/gallons did you use?

Interlux bought at west. Marine of all places they KILLED me it was 185.00 gal and went through 4 gal but that's what happens when you're not from around there
But had to have it only had 4 days up there will be trying it again the first part of April got the starter done and waiting on me to get her back on
Still have to replace all the zincs but that's not that big of a deal got the old ones off and cleaned up the shafts still have the props to go before the launch

Nice job on the bottom paint. I agree that if you've got twins it's better to use both of them. However, this summer I plan to do several maneuvers with one then the other engine shut down.

I had a couple of "opportunities" to maneuver on one engine last summer. Not by choice, mind you.

Basically, not good for close-in maneuvering. Could effectively turn only one way. Made for docking in the current interesting. It was like having a side tow not far enough forward, which I've also done. Doable but far from ideal.

I agree practicing on one is a good idea.

I had a couple of "opportunities" to maneuver on one engine last summer. Not by choice, mind you.

Basically, not good for close-in maneuvering. Could effectively turn only one way. Made for docking in the current interesting. It was like having a side tow not far enough forward, which I've also done. Doable but far from ideal.

I agree practicing on one is a good idea.

Well I'm sure that got your juices flowing. :eek:
Glad you made back to the dock, OK.

Well good day to all it's been awhile since I last updated all of you out there on the progress of my prairie 36
Well after doing a complete service on both motors went to start found out I had bad injector so waiting on all new injectors
I've been up here for a week now and I've stayed on her and the more time that I spend on her the I LOVE ❤️ this boat and the layout

Glad to hear your enthusiasm and love of the boat are still strong after enduring the setbacks - or simply discovering the typical boat-owner challenges. Stay the course.

Are you buying all new injectors or having yours serviced/rebuilt?
Either way, I hope it all works out well for you to have a safe journey home.

I have been thinking about having my injectors serviced. At 3500 hours the surveyor suggested it as it would increase efficiency and probably reduce engine smoke. But I'm not sure if the injector service cost would get paid for with the fuel savings we would receive when doing "The Loop" next year.

I also find that the more time I spend on our Prairie 36, regardless if it's a project day or a fun day the more I fall in love with her as well.

Well I didn't see the thread Gil girl Esmeralda is now on our way from St. Johns River Green Cove Springs to Clearwater I am presently just passed Indian Town Marina about to cross Lake Okeechobee and hopefully make it to Fort Myers today and tomorrow hopefully up to Clearwater oh girl runs like a top boat handled really good in the Atlantic To Will send pictures after I get home and have some time and a lot of cleaning

Sounds like you are having a god time!

Which inlets did you go out and in?

Came out the st.johns went in the Saint Augustine inlet and took the ICW down to the Okeechobee waterway Almost across Lake Okeechobee as we speak looking to be in Clearwater by tomorrow afternoon Friday

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom