Label maker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nautibeaver

Vessel Name
NautiBeaver
Vessel Make
Nordlund 68'
What label maker do you have? Looking to upgrade mine with something that sticks better and last longer!

I use this one but only stencils or metal nameplates for engineroom components. Too easy to clog a bilge pump with falling labels or tape.

Brother P touch for 15 years. No label has ever fallen off.

I got a Dyno Rhino 4200 few months ago, very happy with it. What I like the most is the ability to print on different support like heat shrink tubes as well as plain standard stickers.

L.

The PO used blue masking tape and a Sharpie.

Works well.

P touch here also. I put people's names on their scuba tanks with it, lasts for years regardless of how much they are used. They offer a wide selection of tapes including ones with extra strength adhesive.

Ted

P-touch here also. Different widths, background colors.

Brother P touch for about years no problems with them falling off yet.

I got a Dyno Rhino 4200 few months ago, very happy with it. What I like the most is the ability to print on different support like heat shrink tubes as well as plain standard stickers.

Same here.

Look for the label media you want, first. Then pick a label maker which supports that media. I wanted long-lasting black-on-white labels, but also the ability to do breaker panel labels white on black. The Dymo 4200 fit the bill perfectly.

From the manual: "RHINO label cartridges are also available in a wide range of
materials, such as flexible nylon, permanent polyester, vinyl, non-adhesive tag, and heat shrink tubes."

This was the big selling point for me.

I use a Brady portable unit.

The reason I use this model is because it supports specialty label types for wires and cables. It also uses heavier duty labels than the office units, but I don't know if that is all that important on a boat.

While the P-touch seems like the popular unit around the office, the electrical industry seems to prefer Brady

Back
Top Bottom