Name your boat "Caca"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markpierce

Master and Commander
Vessel Name
Carquinez Coot
Vessel Make
penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Would you name your boat "Caca". Maybe it means something different in Turkish.

Name your boat CaCa

Maybe he was just having a crappy day.

Greetings,
Mr. mp. On magnification the "C's" appear to have a cedilla so it's pronounce SASA not as you infer CACA.

ce·dil·la

/səˈdilə/

noun

• 1. a mark ( ¸ ) written under the letter c, especially in French, to show that it is pronounced like an s rather than a k (e.g., façade).
So, poo poo to your post.

It is not caca but çaça and in Turkish it means Madam, or lady.
Don't mind my comment as I put no bad intend to it but it is not good to make fun of other languages. I had a friend in my childhood who was coming from Turkey. His young sister was named Pinar, it is a Turkish name, but in France it means wine and wine of very average quality... the poor girl just lived a nightmare in her childhood, I still feel sorry for her.

L.

Well, :facepalm: that partially explains why there are misunderstandings among cultures.

Well, :facepalm: that partially explains why there are misunderstandings among cultures.

Indeed but do not worry if it is done in respect of each other we can all laugh together and the misunderstanding becomes a way to gather, have fun and share :)

L.

Everyone has their own reason for their boat name, which isn't always evident to others.

I do, and I'm sure you do as well, Mark.

Yet in Spanish Pinar means a grove of pine trees, nothing to be embarrassed about.

Yet in Spanish Pinar means a grove of pine trees, nothing to be embarrassed about.
Reminds me of the name of Hemingway`s boat "Pilar", it likely has a Spanish meaning too. Searching to confirm my memory of the name, I was surprised to see there is a book called "Hemingway`s Boat". Pilar would be a great name for a game fishing boat.
Here`s a definition I found:"Pilar is a beautiful, funny,smart person ,and a great friend." It`s also the name of the heroine in "For Whom The Bell Tolls".

Last edited:
It is an interesting boat, no matter what the name is.

Kaka is indeed excrement in Turkish (learned that from my former wife). Google translates 'çaça' as sprat. What's that? Thought it was a little fish. The 'ç' is pronounced 'g', by the way. My ex sister in law is Inçi (but without the dot over the i), pronounced Ingi with the soft g, or Inji.

Our boat is named Hye Won. I had someone ask me if I named it that because I got the boat in a divorce.

It's actually the Korean birth name of our adopted daughter. :)

Kaka is indeed excrement in Turkish (learned that from my former wife). Google translates 'çaça' as sprat. What's that? Thought it was a little fish. The 'ç' is pronounced 'g', by the way. My ex sister in law is Inçi (but without the dot over the i), pronounced Ingi with the soft g, or Inji.

You are getting too much confusing for my single neuron dysfunctional brain :lol:

L.

In Old Saybrook a while back was a boat named JOHN so when calls came in she could divert most everything because ,,,,",the boss was on the John."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom