Mainship 34

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uboatcdr

Anyone have the mainship 34. We are a few years out from cruising, but looking at different platforms we like. The American 34 is awesome, but may be out of range. We like the look of the mainship with two helms, but not sure of the near coast cruising abilities. Would like to make a run to Alaska after the loop. Would love to here from an owner who could give real data on pros and cons.

Thanks
Pete

Anyone have the mainship 34. We are a few years out from cruising, but looking at different platforms we like. The American 34 is awesome, but may be out of range. We like the look of the mainship with two helms, but not sure of the near coast cruising abilities. Would like to make a run to Alaska after the loop. Would love to here from an owner who could give real data on pros and cons.

You might mention which Mainship 34 you're thinking about. Their original 34 model was from late '70s through mid-late '80s. Their more current 34 started in maybe 2006-7-8-ish, somewhere in there I think (and somebody here will have the real start date for those).

-Chris

Real close Chris - the 34T started in 2005 I believe.

If the OP is interested in that vintage of 34, I'd suggest looking in the Mainship owners group where this same question was recently asked and answered. That group is free and open to all.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/mainship

Last edited:
I should have said the mainship 34 trawler is what we are looking at. 2003 and newer.

Back
Top Bottom