Moonstruck
Guru

City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
RE: Life's Uncertain Drink the Wine Now

Quote:
GonzoF1 wrote:
Jim, We seem to be living parallel lives. However, it was my mother's diagnosis of Alzheimer's that lit the fire under us. I disagree with people that think the religion of being debt-free is somehow more noble than those of us that are able to manage our finances. Without debt, there are many things people can enjoy in life. Just like anything, it's a matter of personal preference.

If you want a boat... GET ONE! Life is certainly uncertain.
*I am in Marin's camp as far as financing toys, or for that matter, anything of a personal purchase.* However, situations can change.* Talk about life being short, when my wife was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer,* she wanted to move up to a 55' Fleming to accomodate our whole family with grandkids.** It would have involved financing a portion, but we were looking.* I was willing for her sake.* We may have lost some money on the deal, but after she passed it could be sold.* Unfortunately, she didn't last long enough to get it done.* It would have been worderful for her.* Now, I need that size boat like a hole in the head.

Noble?* Why would one way be considered more noble?* Life is about choices.* Hopefully, they are responsible ones.
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote