Does this beat all?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SlowGypsy

Vessel Name
Chickadee
Vessel Make
Pilgrim 40
Just found this odd wire designation on the wiring harness for the tachometer/rev counter sending unit on my old Volvo MD17C.
(It's the blue wire, which is actually a ground)
Anyone ever seen this before?
Any ideas how it got named that strange designation? - some sort of rough translation from the Swedish?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 2,178
Just found this odd wire designation on the wiring harness for the tachometer/rev counter sending unit on my old Volvo MD17C.
(It's the blue wire, which is actually a ground)
Anyone ever seen this before?
Any ideas how it got named that strange designation? - some sort of rough translation from the Swedish?

Now - that is funny! Sort a true too!! :lol:

Well for me the naming makes sense. Ground wire so return to earth... what would be a more poetic way to name it than God's body wire :D

L.

I also thought it might be a reference to the electrons returning to their "maker" (the earth / god), but never thought I would see something like this on my engine!
I Googled it, to no avail - just wondered if anyone with a background in linguistic history might shed some light on it?

What did you do with the Volvo you took out?

Is it running?

The engine runs fine - it is the spare for my main main engine.

Always looking for a spare too ,

My 90/90 uses the MD 3B and creating a new mounting bracket for the refrigeration compressor and second alt is too much work.

So I keep the antique , at 3/4 GPH a new "efficient" engine would never pay.

Back
Top Bottom