View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 04:45 PM   #80
MYTraveler
Guru

City: West Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Where in the world did you come up with the user base of 250,000? I see...from their site. Current, active users would be much smaller number.

You'll never see what they paid. It's not material for them. Very material for Jeffrey.

The real value is the existing data and the ability to add more.
I admire your confidence, but it can come off as a little condescending.

Where in the world? It's in a Garmin press release. And the reference (theirs and mine) is to an installed user base, not active users. Of course, the number of current active users is far fewer.

We will have to disagree on what the "real value" is, but I am skeptical that they ascribed much value to the existing data. The ability to add data depends on two things: the software, which from what I can tell is pretty basic, and users to input the data. I believe they bought the users. The software they could easily produce themselves, but without a crowd to source, there won't be any data.

As far as the price ever being released, although I acknowledge that it is not material to Garmin, public companies release lots of financial information that is not material and analysts clamor for that stuff.
MYTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote