Espar D7-L not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Restitution

Vessel Name
"Restitution"
Vessel Make
38' Californian
I just purchased a Californian 38 with Espar heater.* It heater is not working presently.*The fan works and I hear a ticking sound.* I am VERY new to this and am still in the very low reaches of the learning curve.* I have looked for an for an operation manual, to no avail.* The fuel line comes off of the starboard engine.* I see fuel in the sight glass/filter.* Does a pump need to be running to get this fuel to the unit?* Fuses?* Do any of you have suggestions for troubleshooting?*

-- Edited by Sam on Tuesday 13th of March 2012 02:10:20 AM

-- Edited by Sam on Tuesday 13th of March 2012 02:10:44 AM

-- Edited by Sam on Tuesday 13th of March 2012 02:11:21 AM

The clicking sound is usually the small fuel pump doing what it is supposed to do.* I would guess you are not getting ignition and that could be either low voltage, a*failed voltage regulator*or a controller problem.* Also check any fuses and connections on or near the heater.*

Fault isolating the controller unit isn't something most of us are capable of doing.* On my Espar D3 I had to remove the controller and send it to a service shop to have it checked.* In my case I ended up replacing the controller with a newer version.* That required some modification of the wiring and the removal of the external heater voltage regulator.

The service dealer I used was Boat Electric in Seattle (http://boatelectric.com/).*

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom