View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 06:56 AM   #7
Woodsong
Guru

City: Atlanta
Vessel Model: Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse
RE: Which Style Trawler?

My only issue with a europa style with a cockpit is that is going to mean your master stateroom is in the bow. After having owned a sedan for 4-5 years prior to our trawler with a bow forward stateroom, and now having our Monk with her centerline queen berth aft, I can tell you- I would not want a bow forward stateroom as a liveaboard but that is just me! It is GREAT to be able to climb into bed on either side of it and not be crammed in the bow. I suggest you start looking at as many trawlers of different styles that you can find so you all can get the best idea of which type/style boat you prefer. The covered decks of a europa sedan can definitely be nice but I tell you what, i love our little Monk.
I agree with others that for a liveaboard a 40 foot or more vessel will give you the most day to day comfort while at the same time relatively affordable to own and run and berth. If you like a europa, I'd check out the 45' CHB sedans like this one:
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1981.../United-States
From the pics that one looks to be in very good shape and a very good price and you could cruise her down the river system to TX.
Woodsong is offline   Reply With Quote