How much do you pay for diesel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady soft

Veteran Member
How much do you pay, in Sweden we are paying, 6,8$ per gallon, for diesel,and the price is promised to rice every year, by index. In my opinion this is insane, the government is taking our freedom to travel. Swedes believe they are going to save the planet alone. We are 10 million citizens totally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here on the Alabama gulf coast its around $2.40 per gallon in US dollars. Thank you fracking!

Insane indeed Lady soft. In Australia we pay about $5 a gallon, it sells by the liter at around $1.30.
Neither Sweden, Australia, or anywhere else, will save the planet by overpricing fuels. The planet`s problem is too many people. That`s for people to solve, not Governments.

We only have truck delivery for our club but we band together and order in bulk. Last fill was .70 per litre CDN, about $1.90 US per gallon. It will be a little more this year as they have added a carbon tax.

Our last fill in Fort Lauderdale was $2.10 per gallon. That was by truck. Most of South Florida is $2.30-$2.50. On the Tennessee River looks like $2.40 to $2.70 per gallon.

Lady Soft
You get hit fairly hard for both diesel and beer in Sweden.
But it could be worse. You could be in Norway. :)

Actually - You Scandinavian countries are doing a lot of things right. There are more important things than cheap fuel.
It was 15 cents a litre when I was in Libya under the Ghadafi government. The people still revolted.

Over 85% of the price here, is tax. We have the highest taxes in the world, on almost everything, and most of the money goes to refugees, and people who do not work..This is really frustrating for a guy who loves everything with a motor on it, and who work hard for every penny.

Over 85% of the price here, is tax. We have the highest taxes in the world, on almost everything, and most of the money goes to refugees, and people who do not work..This is really frustrating for a guy who loves everything with a motor on it, and who work hard for every penny.

Only 6,15$ / gallona :D here Neighbor in the country. Fortunately, my tug boat is not very thirsty 7.5 knots 0.65 liters (0.17 gal). I believe prices will only rise in the future.

In the Nordic countries, so different social structure, as in many other countries, why we pay heavy taxes, you know.

Well yes, but isn`t it a great feeling to work as hard as you can to support others who mostly can but won`t work and clamor for more generous benefits to support their lifestyle.:rolleyes:

Over 85% of the price here, is tax. We have the highest taxes in the world, on almost everything, and most of the money goes to refugees, and people who do not work.

Could be worse, you could live in a country that uses taxes for weapons and wars therefore creating refugees.
Worse again you could be one of those bombed out of country refugees your taxes are actually helping.

Topped up today to see what my fuel usage was after my first 50hours in my new to me IG32 330 Cummins
$1.35 per liter less 20% marina discount :)

Averaged 10liters a hour @8 knots 1400rpm approx I'm very happy with that.

Last edited:
About $2.10 per gallon, I fill 50 gallon barrels and transfer to boat

Simi 60, so you mean i should have a bad consciousness, for complaining over gas prices, because there are people who hate each other, in the world. Forget about it. I didn't start no war. ? ?

On the ICW just filled at 1.96. Per gallon in Myrtle Beach South Carolina. Fuel costs this low make cruising easy. More cash for food and fun! JohnP

"The planet`s problem is too many people. That`s for people to solve, not Governments."

They have been solving the problem ,

the birth rate in many 1st world countrys is low enough that the population is slowly declining.

This is great as productivity requires far fewer workers to maintain/expand the std of living.

The only rat in the soup is politicoes that have stayed in power by debt spending , soto service the vast debts more bodies are required.

These of course migrate in vast numbers to gain the existing resources, even tho they have few skills to sell.

Population problem? Remove the politico that is holding the gates open.

1.18$CA/Liter last year at my marina, got something like .95$CA/Liter at Portsmouth on lake Ontario, so it should be from 3.60$CA to 4.5$CA per gallon for last year. I expect a non negligible price increase next week when I will (hopefully) be back on water.

What annoy me is that just in front on my marina, just across the street, a gas station sells diesel for usually less than 1$ per liter but anyway just feel fortunate I can just fill the tanks.

L.

At the fuel dock last week, Great Harbour Cay, Berrys, Bahamas, diesel was $4.83. The price hasn't varied over the last year more than $0.05/gallon.

About $2.10 per gallon, I fill 50 gallon barrels and transfer to boat

Why do you do that? No available fuel on the water or the price that much higher? Sure seems like a hard way to go about it.

"The planet`s problem is too many people. That`s for people to solve, not Governments."

They have been solving the problem ,

the birth rate in many 1st world countrys is low enough that the population is slowly declining.

This is great as productivity requires far fewer workers to maintain/expand the std of living.

The only rat in the soup is politicoes that have stayed in power by debt spending , soto service the vast debts more bodies are required.

These of course migrate in vast numbers to gain the existing resources, even tho they have few skills to sell.

Population problem? Remove the politico that is holding the gates open.

I can agree on that.

About $2 per gallon in Brunswick, GA and Norfolk, Va this spring. I'm sure I'll be paying more on the Loop this summer. Thankfully I have a 2,000 mile range, so I can shop for deals.

Ted

Simi 60, so you mean i should have a bad consciousness, for complaining over gas prices, because there are people who hate each other, in the world. Forget about it. I didn't start no war. ? ?

I am saying you are laying blame on the wrong group of people.

Refugees are not the cause of your problem.
Look instead to the govt. creating the refugees while they themselves get cheap fuel and other financial benefit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom