View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 01:56 AM   #39
FF
Guru

RE: Top 3 list for your current trawler...good AND bad.

WE are happy with the limited interior of our conversion as its built for 2 .

50 ft minus 15 ft for good sized aft cockpit and another 5 ft inside for a collision bulkhead means we have a 30 ft interior to play with .

Almost all waking time is spent outside or in the P-H so it is over sized and well suited to all day living .

Opening front and rear windows and side doors p/s make for good ventilation , overhead hatch and powered RV vent take care of rain days.

There is NO engine room per see,, a hatch is lifted to check or change the oil.

I do not wish to cruise in the engine space , so walking around or standing headroom to me is useless.

A 10 ft air draft is a huge bonus inshore , as well as offshore as the second or third story does not cause roll or instability.

Improvements? for sure , I, would like "dutch doors"in the PH for the poor days when we ship too much spray.

Last year I replaced the PH roof for a better shape , this winter the main salon overhead will be replaced and better bronze 6x18 opening ports installed .

The joy of a painted interior (instead of a furniture grade rainforest) is changes are easy and low cost .

The galley and main salon are full function , but any entertaining of large groups is done on the aft deck.

Since purchasing a "perfect" boat is impossible ,
and after a year or two a custom built boat owner will have found new ideas , the concept of purchasing a boat that can be "perfected" might make sense for anyone with a good skill set.
FF is offline   Reply With Quote