Curious about VETUS aluminum anchor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neurodoc

Vessel Name
Fitzcarraldo
Vessel Make
55 Ft Steel Trawler
Hi, a friend of mine showed me a Vetus anchor made in aluminum, which actually is very similar in shape, size and weight to a Fortress F16 I own.
I searched the internet and found no information at all about it.... as if it never existed. Has anyone a clue about this? Was it discontinued due to poor quality or any other flaw?

I will bet it was a Vetus label slapped on a Fortress anchor.

David

That was my first thought too.... but why is there no info at all about this anchor on the web???

Vetus appears to sell all Maxwell anchor related products. The only anchors on the site are Maxwell 'plow' style anchors.

www.vetus.com

Patents on the Fortress might have run out.

Patents on the Danforth probably ran out allowing Fortress to make knock offs.

Patents on the Danforth probably expired LONG ago.

I may have an explanation about why you have difficulties to find info on it. It is maybe because it is the BEST anchor and so it is very rare and the secret jealously kept.
Must be it.

:D

L.

I may have an explanation about why you have difficulties to find info on it. It is maybe because it is the BEST anchor and so it is very rare and the secret jealously kept.
Must be it.

:D

L.

Yea... I'm sure it is EXACTLY that. :rolleyes:

Rare yes.
Never seen one never heard until now.
Vetus markets good stuff but an aluminum CQR dosn't sound like a winner. It would kinda classify like an aluminum Navy anchor. But from a perspective of ideal design most anchors could benefit from some parts being aluminum and other parts steel.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom