Puerto Rico to Turks and Caicos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigpoppop

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Long Time Dead
Vessel Make
Nordhavn 55
Good afternoon- we are in west coast of Puerto Rico. Our next destination is Turks and Caicos. I've ordered a guide to Turks and Caicos but thought I'd pose the question in TF: what are the options for overnight stops between PR and Turks and Caicos? We'd like to avoid overnights if possible (wifey). Thanks

We've done the trip twice. The last time we left Boqueron, PR To Samana, DR (146 miles) to Luperon, DR (129 miles). From there we bypassed the Turks but it would have been an easy stop (a little over 100 miles) and went to Myaquana, Bahamas (190 miles). Weather windows were infrequent at the time and we had a good one for the Bahamas.

We left after dark when we crossed the Mona Passage. We got our asses kicked the first time and learned to be patient for a good weather window.

Good luck on your trip.

Thanks Larry- I've read that the Luperon anchorage is tough to get into and shallow- what was your experience there? Our draft is 6 1/2 feet

Thanks Larry- I've read that the Luperon anchorage is tough to get into and shallow- what was your experience there? Our draft is 6 1/2 feet

The anchorage was fine with 12-15'. The entrance was a little skinny but I don't remember any real concerns although we do draw 5'.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom