Teddibear?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This boat was at the Trawler Fest in Anacortes several years ago and was open to the public. What a fantastic ship this is. The nicest I have ever seen in over 60 years of boating.

Egad. That's a lot of ship (condo) squeezed into one pudgy package!

Looks like a sound vessel.

However I personally don't find it good looking in any way - in fact it is not pleasing to my eyes.

Wonder why that is? Too square, squat?

Not sure.

Last edited:
I had no idea Red Head was once owned by Billy Joel...and here I sit about 200' down the dock from her. Thanks for posting this link Jim.

And, I cannot figure out who Mr. Teddi Bear is.

Last edited:
I had no idea Red Head was once owned by Billy Joel...and here I sit about 200' down the dock from her. Thanks for posting this link Jim.

And, I cannot figure out who Mr. Teddi Bear is.

I may be wrong but I thought that Red Head had some pretty serious modifications made to her under Billy Joel's ownership. Wasn't she stretched???
Bruce

To own a boat like that you'd have to have a mind-set where being a good little herd follower just isn't part of your makeup. Then, as the temperature hovers just above freezing and it rains for weeks on end, you could cuddle up in condo worthy comfort and enjoy the view after explorations ashore or fishing by dinghy.

Last edited:
On a somewhat related note, am I the only one one who has gotten sick of Billy Joel's music? I liked him years ago but now it's just been played too much. The band in the marina next door played an entire BJ set the other night, I had to leave and go get dinner somewhere else.

Teddi Bear

Ahoy,

We had occasion to go aboard this immaculate vessel today in Bremerton. She looks as good as her website portrays her. You could have thrown a baloney sandwich under any of the engines, then picked it up and ate it. The paint is 10 years old and beautiful. The owners were aboard and they welcomed everyone (TrawlerFest) like old friends...classy people.

I have not been a fan of these boats in the past, but Teddi Bear is a special boat. If we had the extra cash sitting around, we would have had some serious conversations this afternoon. Someone will get a real gem.

Jeff

If anyone questions the stability of Benford's designs......they might read up on it before making any embarrassing remarks.

It is beautiful inside, but truly a specialty boat for that rare person who wants to carry a helicopter and a car. Maybe that’s why it has been on the market for so long. Benford has many good designs but this one was implemented with excellent materials and skill.

“Grivit”, Benford’s 14’ tugboat design, was my father-in-laws hobby for many years but now sits dry waiting for someone interested in a restoration project.

It’s a very specialized boat. You will be hard pressed to find another boat with a helicopter pad and a fishing skiff that can fit in a 60’ slip.

It may be very seaworthy...
Love the living space...
Not so keen on the look...
I guess the helicopter is the ultimate "life raft"...

But it's difficult for me to look at all this without thinking "pimp my trawler":rolleyes:

Everyone has their likes....to me it looks exactly as its nickname group " little ships" suggests.

Too me, most boats looks are mediocre at best ( mine included if you are worried).....this suggests real design talent to cram all that into 55'.

Add another 50 feet to the work deck and it would look a lot like a converted USCG buoy tender.

On a somewhat related note, am I the only one one who has gotten sick of Billy Joel's music? I liked him years ago but now it's just been played too much. The band in the marina next door played an entire BJ set the other night, I had to leave and go get dinner somewhere else.

BJ is fine
JB I can not stand.

It may be very seaworthy...
Love the living space...
Not so keen on the look...
I guess the helicopter is the ultimate "life raft"...

But it's difficult for me to look at all this without thinking "pimp my trawler":rolleyes:
My job used to require me to do stuff on choppers from time to time and I never liked flying in them. So that bird on that boat gives me anxiety.

Beats jumping into icy cold water.....:socool:

Maybe this observation is neither here nor there, but for me, when I hear an old song I used to like, it reminds me of where I was in life at that time and, in some cases, what I was doing at the moment I first heard it or came to appreciate it. So fortunately, many of BJ's songs bring back fond memories for me.

Which reminds me... Captain & Tennille - Love Will Keep Us Together - 1975. Driver Ed. class in high school...

Given a choice between two boats with 1,200 square feet of space, one like this one or an ocean worthy Dutch barge single level type of boat, I’d prefer the longer, lower boat.

My preference is meaningless however, because I have absolutely no skin in this game :eek:

Probably the best sales video of a boat that I've ever seen! The layout, amenities and the interior are fantastic! Just one problem for me.....I just can't get past the "top heavy" look of the vessel!

Probably the best sales video of a boat that I've ever seen! The layout, amenities and the interior are fantastic! Just one problem for me.....I just can't get past the "top heavy" look of the vessel!

C'mon now......

As they say, looks are deceiving! :D

C'mon now......

As they say, looks are deceiving! :D
psneeled, are you implying that you like the look of this vessel or are you pulling my leg? Please remember that before you answer this, I have the highest regard for your experience and knowledge and don't know if I can survive a positive comment from you about this boat's look. :hide:

I love Benfords designs....this one included but I would like about 10 more feet in the work deck and superstructure. To stretch her out a bit.....

Remember these are called Coasters for a reason...they aren't ocean crossers, but like Rich in his KK42, you can go round the world.

The wide beam, and onboard equipment make her very stable.

Plus, what other 55 footer carries kayaks, dinghies, sport boats and Cars?

She reminds me of old time coastal freighters.

Think of the opportunities she provides while cruising.

Please remember...half my roots are in workboats. Any boat that can't take workboot on deck and inside.....to me is for bikini models and champagne.

Plus.....Teddibear can land a helo.....how many here have ever done that? This boat is a man cave that also has the amenities to please a strong but feminine woman.

Last edited:
Teddi Bear was sold earlier this year. She is now Wine-N-Down.

It is a very nice boat. From earlier this evening ...

Attachments

• IMG_6881.jpg
    IMG_6881.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 50
Back
Top Bottom