Honey Badger headed North

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwhatty

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
"Emily Anne"
Vessel Make
2001 Island Gypsy 32 Europa (Hull #146)
A friend just bought this old woody and is headed to Maine with it. He owns a boat yard in Brooklin, ME, that specializes in construction and maintenance of wood boats, so he has the means to maintain her properly.

Boat just left Port St. Lucie. If any TF'rs run across her and can offer hospitality or whatever, he's a very sociable guy.

Attachments

• Honey Badger.jpg
    Honey Badger.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 189
I love to see classic boats like that owned by folks that have the time, money, and ability to maintain them.

She's a 1931 Matthews 38' motor cruiser. Have no other info at this point.

Yep I like this one . She's cool .

AFAIK the 38s werent in production very long, Matthews very quickly lengthened them and then only offered the 42.

This was Matthews's standard cruiser and quite a boat. They were well made and seaworthy. You just don't see nice lines like this anymore.

This was Matthews's standard cruiser and quite a boat. They were well made and seaworthy. You just don't see nice lines like this anymore.

The lines are pretty well continued today by a plethora of lovely boats made n the NE. Several come to mind including from Doug Zurn's pen. I've seen several one offs in the PNW especially the gorgeous Devlin owned by TF member Ed Schulman. Ed's roots are from the NE.

Isn't there another boat here on tf called Honey Badger? Don't think I'm talking about Murray's boat Badger but another Honey Badger.

Oh yes thank you very much Al.
I remember that guy and his interesting boat.
Thanks
Eric

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom