Engine room lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stubones99

Guru
Has anyone else seen this?

10m 10pcs 1m led aluminium profile for 10mm 5050 ,5630 ,3528 strip ,led channel | eBay

It is a pack of strip light channels that you mount on the ceiling and then stick strip LED lights in the bottom of the channel then install the defuser.

If you use waterproof strip lights, that will make them more durable. You don't have to use the controller or remote control and can be switch controlled.

This leaves a low profile, low power draw method to light up engine rooms and other areas.

They are great for the engine room, lazzarette, cupboards and storage areas where you often lose things for months. Buy extra; you'll use them everywhere.

I have replaced all my lights in the engine room with these channels. Gone through a few iterations of lights. Ended up with warm white 2835s. They sure lot up the laz and engine room.

I have a bunch of them, cold white, they are great lightning for place where you want a bright light.

L.

I would run a wire to the helm to show when the lights are ON.

A Bo Bo could kill the batts down to 0 SOC ,

I would run a wire to the helm to show when the lights are ON.

A Bo Bo could kill the batts down to 0 SOC ,

:thumb: Totally agree, it occured to me once or twice to close the hatch and forget to lights on. Another option would be to have contact switch on the hatch that would turn on the light when you open it and switch them off when you close it so you cannot do a mistake.

L.

I bought them from aliexpress, really cheap, 10$ for 5 complete (aluminium rail, led strip, cover and end caps) bar 50cm long.

L.

These look good. I have 12v fluorescents in the ER and aft Lazarette with both white and red. They were installed by the manufacturer. They work well enough but draw more amps than the LED strips would. The light in the aft lazarette isn't working ATM so I may consider these to replace it.

Back
Top Bottom