Forkliftt
Guru

City: Diberville Mississippi
Vessel Name: KnotDoneYet
Vessel Model: 1983 42' Present Sundeck
RE: Hose Clamp Specs

Quote:
2bucks wrote:
Hose clamps must be only marine grade all stainless steel, non perforated, lined, with minimal "razor sharp" ends sticking out, covered with plastic end caps, double clamped on any thru hull application, spring loaded for applications with temperature changes, checked for tightness daily, changed monthly, (just in case) installed with inch pound torquemeter to exactly the right torque, and certified by 2 mechanics. "I knew a guy who's cousin had a friend that didn't do this exact thing and his boat blew up, sank and burned to the waterline because he bought a hardware store clamp." When the ABYC police came by they were so distracted by my neighbors half nekkid 18 year old daughter that they forgot to look at my hose clamps.

Or maybe you could use hardware store clamps, check them as your experience indicates they need checked, replaced when rusty, and tightened to a common sense tightness.

Please check that your computer has the sarcasm/humor font installed when reading this post. I've used hardware store clamps for 32 years now on my boats and haven't had any hose clamp related problems. I've changed rusty ones and been cut by sharp ones.

Ken
Now that's funny right there!!!:biggrin:
Forkliftt is offline   Reply With Quote