• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

Fales 30 For Sale - ***SOLD***

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dougd1

Moderator Emeritus
Thanks, Larry!* I'm sure that you will enjoy it as much as we did!
smile.gif

RE: Fales 30 For Sale - Trawler Forum Cover Girl!

Hi Doug...

I've been a big admirer of Boomarang from the moment you posted photos of her refit a number of years ago.*

Timing is everything, and if she were on the market a couple of years ago we'd be all over it!

Good luck with your sale; someone will be getting a very nice boat - and rare too, as I don't think there are many 30' Fales around.

Regards,

Conrad*

Thanks for the kind words. All of the Fales like mine that I have seen were 32 foot models.* Maybe Boomarang is a one-of-a-kind?

I really thought that I would be buried at sea in Boomarang.* However, we are going through a slight lifestyle change in the near future.* I had plans to do a little cruising in my retirement years...but...I got married to a woman with 2 dogs that don't like boating (the wife likes it, the dogs don't).

Maybe I could do an Internet search on "dog assassins"?
biggrin.gif

Stand your ground Doug. I married a girl with 4 dogs, Bassetts, and I'm 100% sure I'll never leaving boating.Larryw

dougd1 wrote:
I had plans to do a little cruising in my retirement years...but...I got married to a woman with 2 dogs that don't like boating (the wife likes it, the dogs don't).
*If the dogs are antsy or upset with the motion try a Thunder Shirt.* Google them.* They will change a dogs total personality.

http://www.thundershirt.com/?gclid=CMei-6vw-qkCFchM4AodPkzgwQ

They came from a woman named Tellington who worked with spooked horses.

http://www.barbarajanelle.com/ttact/TA18-THE_TELLINGTON_TTOUCH_BODY_WRAP.htm

JD, not to hijack Doug's thread but do those thundershirts really work? Our dog is a nervous wreck whenever we fire up the main engine on our trawler even though it is a very quiet little perkins (can't imagine what she'd do if we had a big detroit diesel!!!).

Woodsong wrote:JD, not to hijack Doug's thread but do those thundershirts really work? Our dog is a nervous wreck whenever we fire up the main engine on our trawler even though it is a very quiet little perkins (can't imagine what she'd do if we had a big detroit diesel!!!).
*I was really skeptical.* Our Portuguese Water Dog was afraid of thunder.* He would just about try to get into your skin if he could.* He didn't like riding in a car and didn't like any noise on the sailboat such as the jib or main making noise when we tacked.

A lady that does water work for the dogs*with my wife suggested one of these wraps.* I had heard of the Tellington Touch method of horse training but I put it in the same box as herbs and incense.**This lady saw that I wasn't buying it so she let us take one of hers home to try out.* The very first thunder storm and the dog was much better.* Not cured but better.* We have bought one and I can say that he now*travels in a car*without the wrap, actually sits up in the back seat and looks out of the window*and for the most part on the boat he is much calmer.* Even in 3-4' seas.* He still has some trouble when a Sport Fish rolls us but so do I.* He hears thunder way before we do and comes to me to have the shirt put on.* He doesn't leave my side but he lays on the floor and isn't agitated like he use to be.* On a scale of 1-10, where 1 is bad off and 10 is normal,*I'd say he started out as a 2*and now he is up to a 8 or 9.

The theory is somewhat like the swaddling of a baby in a wrap to calm them.* This works on a dog as well it seems.

I have no connection to this company.* I'm sure some dogs react better than others but they are not expensive and I'd say it's worth a try.

Let me know how it works for you.

Doug,* Boomerang is one fine boat, someone will be lucky to snap her up.

Over the years I have changed my plans over and over, and people's feelings for animals have often been the cause.

I have been quiet and just let it slide many times.* After a while you kind of feel the pets are more important than you.** Not* a good place to be.

Of course any relationship is give and take.* Balance is the key.

Good Luck with you new adventures!* JohnP

RE: Fales 30 For Sale - Price Lowered! New pics on web site!

I have seen your boat and it is more beautiful and has more character than the photos can ever show. If were a single man, I would not hesitate to buy your boat and take her cruising.

Thanks, Tony!* It would be the perfect boat for a single cruiser.* Easy to handle and very economical to operate.

Any single sailors out there looking for a pocket trawler to run on pocket change?
smile.gif

Fales 30 For Sale - Price Lowered! New pics on web site!

dougd1 wrote:
....Any single sailors out there looking for a pocket trawler to run on pocket change?
smile.gif
Man, that sounds a lot better than any chumps out there looking for*a trawler to run on chump change. I guess that is why I am not a writer.

Anyway, I can handle living aboard that boat with no problem. After slowly graduating out of a 25 Catalina sailboat I'll never talk wifey into a 30' boat again.

I can't believe you haven't sold it yet. The exterior looks brand new. BTW, were you ever at Waterford Harbor Marina. I think I remember it from there about 4 or 5 years ago. I know where you are now so I might just drop by for a ride.

-- Edited by Tony B on Saturday 23rd of July 2011 01:35:23 PM

Tony,

Yes, it was on the bulkhead of Pier 12 at Waterford for a number of years.* I have only advertised it here and on Craigslist.* If it doesn't sell soon I will list it with a broker to get it on Yachtworld for even more exposure.

Congrats on the sale of your boat. I have always admired it. I was also on pier 12 a few years back. When I saw a photo of it on here, I recognized it immediately.
My best wishes to the new owner.
BTW, are you boatless? and what are your plans?
Tony B

Tony B wrote:Congrats on the sale of your boat. .... My best wishes to the new owner.
BTW, are you boatless? and what are your plans?
Tony B
*Thanks, Tony! Yes, currently we are boatless, sort of.* We still have the well worn dink!

Our plans are to move on to "the island life"...on Galveston Island.* We will probably look at something trailerable that we can tow up and down the Gulf Coast for more adventures.

As far as the new owner, we feel like Boomarang went to a good home. I think he has joined TF and I encourage him to post picks of his refit of the interior. Larry has lots of good ideas and I think he will get Boomarang in great shape to go another 39 years!

BTW, something the new owner and I both learned at closing...at 35 plus years of age a boat in Texas is considered an antique.* That means she won't have to display those goofy TX numbers on her beautiful bow any more.* Just a registration sticker on the window.
smile.gif

Doug,

I am enjoying Boomarang immensely!* The interior is almost complete and I am preparing the electronics for the first of a series of sea trials.* If all goes well, I will try to cruise down with the Harvest Moon fleet next month.

I'll post some photos of the work soon.

It seems my voyage to the dark side is now complete . . . . . . but what a fine way to go!* I might not miss sailing so much after all.

Larry*

Be sure to post your pics down in the Willard/Fales section.

I miss her already!
cry.gif

Glad to hear you're going to keep the name.* Wait........you have the wrong spelling in your sig!
wink.gif

Just kidding! Perfect!
smile.gif

I would humbly propose that you post the pics on the Photo Gallery at the top of the General Discussion group of threads. But it's a Willard!!!* ....post em everywhere. By the way I like your avatar. And you may be interested in knowing there are several new Willard owners. Perhaps a roll call is in order* ...on the Willard thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom