View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 06:15 PM   #17
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benthic2 View Post
I lived down there for a while....isn't Riviera Beach kind of sketchy ? This was 12-15 years ago...but I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable going for a walk or a jog in that area. Maybe its gotten better....West Palm did a great job improving its downtown area with its Citywalk development...so maybe Riviera Beach has as well.
In areas it isn't the best. I'd personally select north of there at Old Port Cove or North Palm Beach. Riviera Beach has a lot of working boatyards as opposed to luxury marinas. Still some are nice. There has been a lot of development there and much more on the way. Rybovich just announced huge expansion plans. I've never felt unsafe in Riviera Beach, simply not the ambience of North Palm. On the other hand very convenient to West Palm. In West Palm you have the town docks and Palm Harbor and West Palm Municipal which is day use only. Palm Harbor and Palm Beach Town Docks are more expensive than the marinas we've discussed and very much in the middle of everything. Very close to Mar-a-Lago and the restricted area. Not the place to dock at this time.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote