Dock Ladder attach point - missing something

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boater Mike

1986 48MY
I have a bent ladder that came with this boat, not sure that it is the correct one. With that said I'm posting a picture of my attatch point on the boat. Can someone point me in right direction to find what mounts to this? Thanks

Michael

Attachments

• IMG_1509.jpg
    IMG_1509.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 105
It looks like a short piece of track used primarily for adjustable genoa sheet blocks on sailboats. Not sure what it would be used for on a powerboat. I seem to recall emergency boarding ladders that are made to attach to track like that, but that seems unlikely.

I agree with Daren. It looks like a genoa track. My guess is they put some type of car on that track with an eye for attaching a ladder or something.

Not sure exactly where this is mounted but I had these on one boat that were used to mount downriggers and rod holders. Worked well as they were removable when not using them. Just a thought.

Not related to you ladder but you have cracks under the round attach point on the right of the picture :)

We have several of these around the boat with slides that have eyes. Used to hang lock/docking bumpers from.

Capt. John can you please post a picture of how the ladder attaches? Either I'm missing something or I have the wrong ladder.

One more vote that is a genoa track, and not a boarding ladder mount. On my Nauticat 44, there were designated fittings for a hinged pin boarding ladder, along with wear runners to protect it from traffic.

Attachments

• P4120116.jpg
    P4120116.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 57
I can go to the boat latter and take a picture of the attachment points. The ladder is not on the boat now but at least you can see the hinge points of attachment.

On my 1986 48 MY I have two 8' lengths on each side of the sun deck with cars for fender mounting but no place else.

Back
Top Bottom