Dinghy transom wheels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MurrayM

Guru
Vessel Name
Badger
Vessel Make
30' Sundowner Tug
Found a NZ company, Beachmaster, that makes what looks like a robust, well designed set of transom mounted wheels for easily walking a dinghy on shore. I particularly like the well spread out bolts on the mounting plates to distribute loads, they easily lock down or up, and the wheels don't sit above the transom when they are in the up position;

Beachmaster Boat Launching Wheels

Last edited:
I use a set of these: Launching wheels for inflatable aluminum boat
on a 14' aluminum beach boat. My beach is very rocky, uneven, with tipped shale bumps, so the greater diameter wheels are necessary. Otherwise the Beachmaster look like a well thought out, easy to use alternative.

We've had 3 different sets of dinghy wheels through the years. One set had small diameter tires. They were OK but it took a lot of work to pull the dinghy or to get your forward momentum started.

Another set had larger tires but the struts were held vertical with pins. I bit of a pain to raise or lower the wheels.

Our current set are made by Denard and by far the best. No pins or springs. The wheels install in seconds. We don't have to raise the outboard when the wheels are down for beach landings. The struts and brackets are high quality aluminum.

Danard Marine Products - Dinghy Wheels

Back
Top Bottom