120 Ford Lehman fuel housing required

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wallabyshane

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Gypsy Lee
Vessel Make
43 Cheoy Lee Motorsailer
Hi all,
Any idea where I can buy a.120 Ford Lehman fuel filter housing system please? Is it called a Simms Double bowl? TIA

Do you have a photo of what you are looking for? I have an extra spare.

I would just replace these two with a small Racor. Still use big filters in front.

Last edited:
I used a Racor 500 with a 2 micron filter, mounted on a bulkhead with a long-ish hose. Those Lehman dual filter things are cumbersome, leak and you cannot tell when the filters are toast so you go through a lot of them. I remote mounted it because I did not know if the Racor was vibration tolerant. The Racor works fine and you can get filters anywhere.

Anything Lehman, these are the people to talk to. I understand he's retired now, but the company was founded by Bob Smith, the daddy of the marinized Lehman. He knows more about that engine than anyone.

Sadly Bob passed away last fall. His son, Brian, runs the company and knows almost as much about these engines as Bob did.

Marty...............

Sadly Bob passed away last fall. His son, Brian, runs the company and knows almost as much about these engines as Bob did.

Marty...............

Sorry to hear that. Never knew the guy but have friends who had interactions with him. Supposedly, he could trouble shoot a Lehman over the phone better than most mechanics could sitting in the engine room.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom