Got My Registration Numbers Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher

Attachments

• numbers.jpg
    numbers.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 113
How are they when you fold or roll the dinghy up?

I finally gave up and used a stencil and magic marker to mark my dinghy but I still have to deal with the decals.

I used the same numbers for our RIB
Applied contact cement for Hypalon tubes, but started pulling away after a few months,
What type of cement are you using to attach?

I need to re-attach mine, but scratching my head on how to clean the old stuff off and re-install.

Attachments

• DSC01013.jpg
    DSC01013.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 89
Not sure how it holds up when rolling. This company recommends Polymarine for Hypalon.

They are nice. After a few years mine became mottled from the sun. Company replaced them under warranty, no questions asked. (They also indicated they had improved their construction to make this less likely in the future.)

Got the numbers on today. Not hard at all. 1492394499193.jpg

Part 1 was recommended

I saw that on their page too, even though Polymarine says 1 part is for temporary. However, we interpreted that as applying to repairing leaks and damage. A lot less stress on numbers. We've always used the same numbers and method you did. We've done it many times and none have ever come off.

Ordering replacements.

Any advice on removing the old glue?

I've got replacement plates to install. On removing the old boatnumberplate recommended:

Heat from a hair dryer and a flexible scraper. Scuff off the high spots of residual adhesive and apply the new plates.

I used the same numbers for our RIB

Applied contact cement for Hypalon tubes, but started pulling away after a few months,

What type of cement are you using to attach?

I need to re-attach mine, but scratching my head on how to clean the old stuff off and re-install.

Ours are doing the same....coming loose around the edges and Im sure by the end of this season I will have to completely remove and re-do so I too am looking for a remover and new and better adhesive for take two?

Norm

Back
Top Bottom