Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Attachments

• faq-link.jpg
    faq-link.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 698
  • mqdefault.jpg
    mqdefault.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 706
Brand new, unnamed, Seahorse Marine 36' Coot, 15 hrs on engine, $298,000.00 "Builder says sell!"...what's up with this one?

2016 Seahorse Marine COOT 36 Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Wow! - New!! Mark - Now we know even more about your beautiful Coot! :dance:

Looks like a poor scan / OCR job on the description text.

What kind of broker would submit that text?? Not one I would want. Why can't they take a few minutes and fix the scan typos?

What's the headroom on Coot? I miss the yellow roof on the helm. Too bad no A/C is installed or was that another typo?

Stu

Probably looks a lot like my Willard except longer. Much of the details, especially in the cabins look like the Willard. Soo many YW adds don't show the hull pics. Shame
I don't care for the dark hull or wannabe windows but most others will at least like them.

Interesting eye bolted on the bow, just above the waterline; probably for reducing scope...

Interesting boat I think.
For sale for something south of $100K.
Think it has JD power.
Very nice boat.

Attachments

• IMG_0195.jpg
    IMG_0195.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0197.jpg
    IMG_0197.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Ah!
A William Garden design ...... that explains why she looks beautiful and purposeful at the same time!
Thanks Benthic!

Trondheim 40'

Steel hull, Class A-Ocean, Ice Class B, 2500 nautical mile range, 925 gallons fuel, electric hybrid, 2 Torqeedo Deep Blue motors for 160hp.

Interesting to see if it'll ever 'get off the ground'. As of January this year a shipyard in the Netherlands has supposedly been contracted for the first to be built.

Trondheim Trawlers

30 footer proposed; http://www.trondheimtrawlers.com/trawler30

Last edited:
that looks interesting for sure... I wonder about the efficiency of generating mechanical engergy with a motor...converting that to electricity to charge batteries...then converting it back to mechanical engergy to turn props. It states a 2500 mile range on 925 gallons..that's 2.7 mpg....is that much better than a similar sized diesel powered hull?

that looks interesting for sure... I wonder about the efficiency of generating mechanical engergy with a motor...converting that to electricity to charge batteries...then converting it back to mechanical engergy to turn props. It states a 2500 mile range on 925 gallons..that's 2.7 mpg....is that much better than a similar sized diesel powered hull?

Probably a marketing departments interpretation...no wind, waves or adverse current, running on batteries as much as possible, etc.

I'm skeptical as well. It'd be nice to eliminate the noise of some diesel engines in boats and possibly reduce the vibrations. I follow some of the electric motor tech, not necessarily for boating. I still don't think the tech is quite there to eliminate the drive engines in boats.

Slow Gypsy,
It was $95K
Then it was to pricy IMO.
NOW AT $75K it seems about right.

Glad we decided not to sell Willy. The market favors buyers to be sure.

That sounds like a bit of a stretch to me. As Murray suggested, it could be in perfect conditions. The numbers aren't overly useful unless they equate it to a given speed. It could be 2.7 mpg @ 4 knots. My boat can do that under diesel alone.
Still - It is great to see builder stretching the boundaries. We are not far off seeing something that makes sense technically and financially.

Still - I wouldn't be buying the Tronheim 40. That is one ugly boat! The 30 is a little better looking. I'm open to new technology, but still a traditionalist when it comes to looks.

I'm trying to imagine what it would look/feel like plowing into a large head sea. Probably far less impact than a flaring bow, but that small bit of flare at the gunwale would kick up a spectacular show.

I'm trying to imagine what it would look/feel like plowing into a large head sea. Probably far less impact than a flaring bow, but that small bit of flare at the gunwale would kick up a spectacular show.

Here's a hint:

I looked at the 30 feet. They say it has 1500km capability and 1500L of fuel,which gives 1L/km. With my 30 feet boat, at 7 knots (13km/h) I burn 1.5g/h so let say 6L for 12km to simplify, it give .5L/km.
I am a lover of the idea to have an hybrid boat like that and saw a post in this forum about someone who did experiment with a Grand Banks and it was really interesting.
But for this one looks like the fuel efficiency numbers are either off scale or wrong.

L.

I think they are adding the range (at the slower 4 knot speed) supplied by the special battery banks that come with the Torqeedo 80i inboards...as in, you don't have to run the Diesel engine all the time.

Inboard - Deep Blue 40/80i 1400 - Torqeedo

Last edited:
That sounds like a bit of a stretch to me. As Murray suggested, it could be in perfect conditions. The numbers aren't overly useful unless they equate it to a given speed. It could be 2.7 mpg @ 4 knots. My boat can do that under diesel alone.

Right. We get a clue from the power quoted - 160 HP from the two motors. With the equivalent of two 100 HP diesels it's not going to be a speed machine.

And looking at the design has anyone thought about where they would store a dingy. Lots of great seating, but even the 40 has no good place to store a dingy off the swim plank. Design looks like a lot of the fishing boats I have seen in Norway

Speaking to Norsk style 'Trawlers', here is a traditional model underway. I'd bet many of us envy the sea keeping of the style.

Al-Ketchikan

Back
Top Bottom