Thread: Towing lien
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 08:47 AM   #72
Robster_in_edmonds

City: Edmonds
Vessel Name: Miss Maui
Vessel Model: Bayliner 4788
I'm a little late to this thread, but very curious. The original post says there was no insurance and several people have asked whether you at least had liability insurance, but no response. You have stated several times that money is no issue, but every time money is involved you complain and don't pay.

You tied your boat up at a marina and (apparently) left it there. It started taking on water. Who noticed this? Who called the towing company? Who authorized the pump out of the water?

It sounds like the tow company came to an unattended boat that was in danger of sinking. They took on the risk of environmental damage when they pumped it out. They took on the risk of not being paid for their service (you didn't give them a credit card number or agree on a fee in advance). They saved your boat. And now, even though money isn't an issue, you're fighting paying them.

I'm an insurance agent and in my experience money is always an issue. If you didn't even have liability insurance on your boat then my jar full of sympathy just ran dry. A 42-foot boat can do a lot of damage to another boat and it's a risk of catching fire and ruining a large section of dock as well as other boats. Not having insurance is a very bad idea and now we see a great instance of why.

If you did have any insurance on the boat, please specify what kind and how much and I may be able to offer some helpful advice.
Robster_in_edmonds is offline   Reply With Quote