View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 09:20 PM   #43
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
Nonsense!! You just didn't find the right woman who appreciates life on the water. I have a huge boat myself, 58 feet of three levels of living spaces to include four staterooms, four heads, etc., and have never felt like the lack of room for makeup, a mirror, or any of that girly stuff, not even in my own little cabin, meant anything. Don't succumb for "staying on land" for the sake of a woman who doesn't appreciate the boating lifestyle. There are a LOT of us single women (and we don't care a flying flop about high heels and makeup) out here who appreciate this lifestyle. I, myself, am looking forward to downsizing to a one or two stateroom trawler with a single engine, for a change. Just for grins...my boat is a magnet for South Florida calendar firemen (ran into a rookie just tonight LOL). Means nothing in the big picture. Seek out your dream and your realize your dream without regard to the material things. You are not alone.
Wifey B: Like your style. I like amenities on board but so does my hubby. You just have to know what works for you. That's why we suggest some chartering. Took one week on a beautiful Burger 113' to know we could love the boat but couldn't live with the speed. That's just us but different than most others.

If you have a job in town to go to perhaps you wear makeup but I wear in when we're cruising once every couple of weeks at the most and I can put on makeup anywhere. Heck, look at all the women who put it on while driving to work. (I don't do that, bad bad bad idea). When we go out dressed up to a fancy restaurant I do wear heels, but that doesn't require anything special. Our rooms on the boat aren't as nice as our house, but they have one overriding advantage, they move on the water.

Now, I disagree with not succumbing if you love this woman. I think you do need to find a compromise that works for both of you and I do believe that is possible. By now you should know her likes and dislikes. If you don't, it's time to learn them. Hopefully you long ago found compatibility. There is nothing wrong with a woman who doesn't like the water, but most will if introduced properly and if their needs are recognized equally. Normally it's simple things like flying home to see the grandkids every so often or spending holidays at home with the kids and grandkids.

With the two persons working together the boat selection will be even better as one will see things the other misses. It's like when we did the walk through on our house, we both saw different things that needed fixing or changing. Sometimes you'll also find you know what your partner can't live with better than he does. For instance, lets say the man is tall and the headroom of the master stateroom is a little too low but he says fine. You might know that things they think they can live with, faced day after day, they can't.

If you go at it together, it will work if you have a healthy relationship. However, if one of you goes off on their own and comes up with their solution and just expects the other to say "that's wonderful darling" then surely you know better than that route.

I need to add too one thing: Married people, don't take relationship advice from single people. Not meant just against you, Mermaid, but a lot of divorced guys here I've heard give some pretty lousy marital advice.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote