For Mark Pierce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codger2

Guru
Vessel Name
Circuit Breaker
Vessel Make
2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
Mark:

I know I probably should have put this as a PM but I'm hoping for input from other members.

Having been along for the ride as "The Coot" was being built, I was extremely impressed with the quality of the build and the decisions you made throughout. Now that she is commissioned, why don't you post a decent photo of her in your avatar? Your present one doesn't really show off the boat!

How about this one or one that really shows off the boat. We all know she has sails.

Attachments

• coot 3.jpg
    coot 3.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 201
Well, Walt, I like to change the avatar from time to time.* The problem with the photo you show is that it is "old" and details such as anchor, horns, and searchlight haven't been installed yet.

I'll take more photos and hope some of them turn out "decent."

img_54084_0_ea5c63684210f4908bc46b2c3b072a01.jpg

-- Edited by markpierce on Thursday 30th of June 2011 03:32:11 PM

Since*we're only three slips to the south of you, perhaps you could take a picture which shows the top of our flybridge...
biggrin.gif

Sorry, Ray.* I'm too fat to climb*the mast.

i like the current avatar with the sails!

markpierce wrote:
Well, Walt, I like to change the avatar from time to time.* The problem with the photo you show is that it is "old" and details such as anchor, horns, and searchlight haven't been installed yet.

I'll take more photos and hope some of them turn out "decent."

img_54124_0_ea5c63684210f4908bc46b2c3b072a01.jpg

-- Edited by markpierce on Thursday 30th of June 2011 03:32:11 PM
*What a great boat!!!* Definitly better with the horns and spotlight.* We have had a thread on dark hull boats.* I think we should start one for boats with a yellow top.
biggrin.gif

I had better quit this stuff before the gang of four throws me overboard.

How do you like the sails? Do they meet your expectations?*

Moonstruck wrote:
I had better quit this stuff before the gang of four throws me overboard.

*Gang of four.**Do we get a little red book.

*Woodsong's Famous quotes

SD

Phil Fill wrote:How do you like the sails? Do they meet your expectations?*
*Yes, the sails add measurable forward thrust and reduce rolling, particularly with beam winds.* They also add an element of fun.* They aren't a necessity; they can be left furled if not wanting to bother or heading directly into the wind.*... Two of the six completed Coots have the sail option.

Giggitoni wrote:
Since*we're only three slips to the south of you, perhaps you could take a picture which shows the top of our flybridge...
biggrin.gif
*Best I could do, Ray, was to take a*photo of your flybridge*from atop my pilothouse roof today.

Do you normally leave your flybridge's*plotter/radar(?) display uncovered?

img_54157_1_a9ce3ebe4e2d2d8961759a44a419e28a.jpg

-- Edited by markpierce on Friday 1st of July 2011 09:52:42 PM

Oops! The plotter is usually covered. I intended to come down today but got too involved with work. Just pretend like I'm going some place. I'll see you on Sunday morning. Got to put her pajamas back on and replace several thousand deck plugs... Or start anyway.

Giggitoni wrote:
...*Got to put her pajamas back on and replace several thousand deck plugs... Or start anyway.
*I thought you were going to start that project six months ago.

I fix deck plugs as needed. I currently have about 15 to redrill and plug. She's 25 years old and requires constant vigilance! It's not easy being owned by a Grand Banks:no:

-- Edited by Giggitoni on Tuesday 5th of July 2011 11:47:11 PM

Giggitoni wrote:
*She's 25 years old and requires constant vigilance!
*And she looks great!* On second thought, she's "grand."

-- Edited by markpierce on Tuesday 5th of July 2011 11:52:26 PM

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom