Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah someone needs to buy that.

Would look better without the fly bridge. [emoji41]

Edit: Just saw it is located in the Caribbean. That's interesting. Not many pocket trawlers in the Caribbean due to the rougher seas I would guess?

Dude,
Seen that boat i think and never seen a Horizon before w a FB so I'm suspecting it was an add on. Good bones if a survey is positive but a rough looking boat. Corrosion in the ballast or bad blisters could ruin this "deal" but if all the unforseen stuff is good yes a good deal. Being repowered is a good sign.

IMO: On a pleasure boat... looks ain't everything, by any means! Comfort and fun and views while cruising are very important parts to the "pleasure" boat equation. :speed boat:

Absolutely!!:dance:

Art, that is so true. I know about what you speak.

COMBAT PATROL VESSEL - $290000 (Tampa)

FOR SALE: DEMILITARIZED COMBAT PATROL VESSEL

Unique opportunity to purchase a military vessel that is designed and custom-built of advanced composite fiber for special operations forces. It has the structural integrity to be dropped from a C130 aircraft and deployed in combat by the U.S. Navy SEALs.

This is one of only two vessels designed and manufactured by Revenge Advanced Composites LLC, former tenant of seller. The first vessel was successfully procured by the government for $5,620,210. Due to a management and investor fall out, Revenge Advanced Composites went out of business in 2012; and through a lengthy tenant eviction process we ended up taking possession of the second vessel, with a clean transferable Florida Certificate of Title in hand.

View Original Contract

The engines and weapons systems were removed prior to our taking possession of the vessel. It was originally designed for twin MAN R6-800 Diesel engines and could be refitted with the same for approximately $130,000 or a less expensive propulsion system as an alternative.

This multi-million-dollar one-of-a-kind military vessel is now available for purchase for only $290,000. Reasonable offers will be considered. The United States Navy has been formally and properly notified of the sale of this vessel on the open market as a liability safeguard due to the proprietary and stealth technology associated with the watercraft.

The vessel is located in the Tampa Bay area, and is available for inspection only upon addressing security issues and vetting of any prospective purchaser. Note also that the sale and transfer of ownership of this watercraft is contingent upon formal notification to the U.S. Navy, Homeland Security, U.S. Customs Agency, U.S. Coast Guard and the local law enforcement agency of the purchaser.

Serious Inquires Only.

</SPAN>

Attachments

• Trawler - Pleasure Boat!.jpg
    Trawler - Pleasure Boat!.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 202
And we want to give our military another 54B to spend ? [emoji25]

Greetings,
Mr. A. What kind of anchor does it have?

Atomic anchor... blows hole deep enough in ocean floor to create mooring forever!

Funny thang! Moments after posting here I went back to CL to copy the link to add to my TF post... so you all could visit to see other photos of it. It's primary photo was still on CL but copy was not and a "flagged" notice was showing. I went off CL for a few more minutes and when returning I could find hide nor hair of the ad or picture I posted here.

Ya think DT Jr. bought it for his personal toy! lol :dance:

Yes, we have enemies, but we already spend so much. Seems crazy. Didn't mean to get political. My bad.

COMBAT PATROL VESSEL - $290000 (Tampa)

FOR SALE: DEMILITARIZED COMBAT PATROL VESSEL

Unique opportunity to purchase a military vessel that is designed and custom-built of advanced composite fiber for special operations forces. It has the structural integrity to be dropped from a C130 aircraft and deployed in combat by the U.S. Navy SEALs.

This is one of only two vessels designed and manufactured by Revenge Advanced Composites LLC, former tenant of seller. The first vessel was successfully procured by the government for $5,620,210. Due to a management and investor fall out, Revenge Advanced Composites went out of business in 2012; and through a lengthy tenant eviction process we ended up taking possession of the second vessel, with a clean transferable Florida Certificate of Title in hand.

View Original Contract

The engines and weapons systems were removed prior to our taking possession of the vessel. It was originally designed for twin MAN R6-800 Diesel engines and could be refitted with the same for approximately $130,000 or a less expensive propulsion system as an alternative.

This multi-million-dollar one-of-a-kind military vessel is now available for purchase for only $290,000. Reasonable offers will be considered. The United States Navy has been formally and properly notified of the sale of this vessel on the open market as a liability safeguard due to the proprietary and stealth technology associated with the watercraft.

The vessel is located in the Tampa Bay area, and is available for inspection only upon addressing security issues and vetting of any prospective purchaser. Note also that the sale and transfer of ownership of this watercraft is contingent upon formal notification to the U.S. Navy, Homeland Security, U.S. Customs Agency, U.S. Coast Guard and the local law enforcement agency of the purchaser.

Serious Inquires Only.

</SPAN>

:eek::eek:expensive price, accommodation in Sweden only 200 000!

https://shipsforsale.com/en/ships-en/shipid/765/navy-patrol-ships_9_helga

https://youtu.be/YsFvxLTDdaQ

Yes, we have enemies, but we already spend so much. Seems crazy. Didn't mean to get political. My bad.

There is an opportunity to reduce that concern and save your and MY tax dollar. Report to your nearest Naval military yard and request a 50 caliber with 'Marine Mount'. Do your part, be involved with your neighborhood reserve marine protection detail.:dance:

Al-Ketchikan

Real giants, 26 feet aft cabin sd, sleep 4-7, Made in Norway, In many larger boat, learning how space is used!!! Max speed about 16 knots and max fuel consuptions 4,3 gal/hours = 3,8 nautical mails for gallona. This boat is very seakeaping.

Walk around video

Sea trip video

And baltic sea force 5

And where you need a bigger boat? I looked at this video and I asked myself. Realy cool summer cruising...

Last edited:
Couldn't they at least include an operable, legal 50-caliber machine gun with the boat?

Looks much like the Fisher 37. I wonder if this is a model/builder change much as the Camano 31 to now Helmsman 31.

Al-Ketchikan

Al,

Fisher did offer a trawler for a while in addition to their motor sailor line. The 37 is still available from a new builder on a custom basis.......[emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]

Al,

Fisher did offer a trawler for a while in addition to their motor sailor line. The 37 is still available from a new builder on a custom basis.......[emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]

We have on in our harbor, the owner extended the cockpit by 4 feet. It really added both looks, function.

Al-Ketchikan

I know this boat..

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/6054684949.html

I worked on this little tug quite a lot when I was shipwrighting in LaConner. Neat old boat with an Easthope eng. Owner used to bring it down from Ferndale for all his work. Old duffer now passed away some time ago, name of Dave Dunn. Very particular about what happened with the DREAM as is it was named then. Lots of character!

Nice lines! No wood boats over 16' in my future.

Ted

Nice lines! No wood boats over 16' in my future.

Ted

None in mine over or under 16' :D :facepalm: :popcorn:

Cut my teeth on wood boats... in 50' / 60's / early 70's - "Quoth the Raven... Never More!"

Greetings,
Mr. 2010. Nice oil slick in the bilge. Nope. Not worth the $$ with that modern power plant IMO. Might be with the original or a period engine but it's not more than just a "pretty face". More evidence of the sh*t and shinolla is the dog's breakfast for the wiring.

That is a cool old boat.... However:

Five coats of every exterior portion with light sanding in between, once each two years, scares the cap out of me!!

You`d need a fulltime maintenance man, unless you and the boat get married.
Beauty needs to extend below decks as well.
And I agree, those engines are just wrong.

Cool boat - Too much bright work - OUCH!!!!

Back
Top Bottom