View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 02:54 PM   #60
swordfish

City: Den Helder
Vessel Name: zwaardvis
Vessel Model: albin 33
a couple days later...

I did several tests with my paint and I think the paint is not good.
if I use an old can of paint, all goes well. when I use the new batch it looks terrible. When I use the old paint can again it also looks terrible because I used my infected paint brushes and rollers.
I bought a liter Sigmarine 49 and a new brush.... all goes well on the unpainted surface. and terrible on the contaminated paint.

Akzo wants to help me but refers me back to the supplier.

my supplier helped me initially but when I showed my test results the conversation started to be hostile.
they wanted to do there own tests so I brought back my 12liters of paint. he took all the lids of all the paint cans and I noticed a color difference He could not deny it
A test surface was painted (i told him to mark the paint can he just used) and i was asked to leave the building. about three days later (he should call me he said) i walked back into the store for some results.

the first thing i saw was a different test surface?? and the marking on the can was removed??

The paint on the test surface was in excellent condition. the other test was just the same he said and already tost it in the bin.

again a hostile conversation.

the only thing i want is a solution to the problem..
so far it had cost me about 800 euros of paint and supplies and his solution is to invest another 1300 euro in paint of an other brand i don't want..?

i told him i have to sand down the hole ship again so how fast can you get your 1300 euro solution in store?? he began to doubt himself and only wanted to sell me a liter to do some tests..?? He has no confidence in its own products i guess.
I was not planning to buy any products from him anyway... ever!! i think he is trying to screw me over big time
swordfish is offline   Reply With Quote