View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 02:42 PM   #13
unanchored

City: St Augustine
Vessel Name: unAnchored
Vessel Model: Albin 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
And if you have done so and not found one that fit your criteria, then that only supports more that something has to be adjusted. Go back on Yachtworld raising your maximum in increments. Maybe search to see what is available between $150k and $175k or even $200k. Do it a little at a time.

Does your $150k include immediate work that would have to be done and upgrades or still allow for a substantial first year expenditure?

What you'll find as you run YW in price ranges above that you've been looking is slightly newer boats with each change.

Then when it seems like the perfect boat, don't waste a minute before you see it and if you like it put an offer on it. Think about the one that got away and how next time to get there four hours earlier. I have an acquaintance who keeps finding the perfect boat and then thinking about it, turning around to make an offer, and it's gone.
BandB

$150k is for the immediate purchase. Most likely there will be additional expenses to get it boat ready to cruise. Good advice on not wasting time. I will do my best to make sure the next one does not slip away.
unanchored is offline   Reply With Quote