View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 06:45 PM   #1
cardude01
Guru

City: Victoria TX
Vessel Name: Bijou
Vessel Model: 2008 Island Packet PY/SP
Boat Transport

So after aborting my trip and turning back home, I'm beginning to wonder if I have the patience for this long trip to FL. Maybe it's just sour grapes and because I'm in a crappy mood, but I'm finding it hard to schedule such a long trip because of family stuff, and doing it solo is pretty damn boring I remember now. [emoji16]

So today I got a quote for trucking the boat to Stuart Fl from Rockport Tx, and it was $6800.
That didn't seem too unreasonable. The quote was from Joule Yacht Transportation out of Clearwater.

Problem is, I don't know what's involved with shipping. I will have to take down the little radar mast and do something with the wires. Does the shipper normally handle the loading it on the trailer in conjunction with the travel lift operator? I guess what I'm saying is I don't want to have to make important decisions on loading the boat, routes, proper support, whatever, because I don't know anything. Need a turn key solution.

I will get more quotes and investigate more, but just wondering if this is a stupid idea. Not really the money, I realize that will seem stupid to many, but just the idea of shipping a boat. My boat height is 13'. 12' 9" beam.

Also need more ideas for shippers eventually.

Edit:
For those who don't know, I did this trip in reverse, from Lauderdale to Rockport about three years ago, most of it solo. It was a good trip, but tiring, because in my typical frantic style I did it in 10 hour days because of, again, scheduling.
cardude01 is offline   Reply With Quote