View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 02:32 PM   #11
rwidman
Guru

City: North Charleston, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadMistress View Post
The law was written before there were key switch macerators and hasn't been updated since. The USCG accepts 'em. But that doesn't mean you can't run into a "local yokel" with an advanced case of Barney Fife syndrome...they're rare, but do exist.

Apparently your tank has two discharge fittings--one to the deck pumpout fitting, the other to the macerator--and your thru-hull above waterline. In systems that discharge below waterline, it's not only any y-valve that must be secured, the seacock must be too. Plastic tie wraps are acceptable on both.
Yes, two. One for a pumpout station and the other a macerator and above the waterline discharge.

We have been stopped and boarded by the USCG twice on the Chesapeake Bay. They did not check our sanitation system, only paperwork and safety items. One guy asked what was under a floor panel and I said "holding tank". He raised the panel, looked and put it back down.

I figured "Acceptable methods of securing the device include - " was not exclusive. I just wanted a more trusted opinion.
rwidman is offline   Reply With Quote