View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 03:42 PM   #4
Tom.B
Guru

City: Cary, NC
Vessel Name: Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Model: Navigator 4200 Classic
For short-term stay, New Bern Grand will do fine for you. Their showers are a long walk if you are on A-C Dock

Bridgeport is just across the Trent River bridge and basically the same price and the marina facilities are a bit closer to the docks. Newer too.

The Galley Store is around the corner. I don't know if they allow working on your boat, but the think I dislike about it is it hangs right out tin the river and it is a rolly place to be. They do have fuel and a nice shore convenience store with a good beer selection.

Across the Neuse is Bridgeton Marina. It is also very exposed. I can't comment on the facilities. I have never seen them.

All of the above have floating docks.

Down river about 7 miles is Northwest Creek (basically our home marina, but we aren't there at the moment). It is often called the Fairfield Harbor Marina as it is in the middle of that development. It's a good place. It is beginning to age. It is a good community of boaters. It has fixed piers but the fingers are very short. The huge plus is that it is a hurricane hole and you are not asked to leave during storms. They have an extensive plan to protect boats. They have fuel and pumpout onsite. Showers are older, but lots of liveabords use them with no complaints.

I suggest yoiu visit them, but the reality is that for just a month, stay at The Grand and explore downtown on foot.
Brewery 99
Brown Pelican
Capt. Ratty's
Bruins
MJ's
Beer Army
BTM (Bear Town Market)
The Cellar
Bear Town Coffee(?)