New Bern, NC Marinas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChesapeakeGem

Well looks like we bought a boat.
She is in New Bern and we will have to keep her there for a month while we work on her.
We are going to be working on her fluids and filters at the dock.
Showers would be nice.
This is our first large power boat and our first time cruising her home to Crisfield, MD
Your wisdom has been so helpful.
Suggestions Please
Thank You

If you're looking for marina suggestions, the New Bern Grand Marina is super nice. Walking distance to everything and yes there are showers. New Bern is a nice town.

For short-term stay, New Bern Grand will do fine for you. Their showers are a long walk if you are on A-C Dock

Bridgeport is just across the Trent River bridge and basically the same price and the marina facilities are a bit closer to the docks. Newer too.

The Galley Store is around the corner. I don't know if they allow working on your boat, but the think I dislike about it is it hangs right out tin the river and it is a rolly place to be. They do have fuel and a nice shore convenience store with a good beer selection.

Across the Neuse is Bridgeton Marina. It is also very exposed. I can't comment on the facilities. I have never seen them.

All of the above have floating docks.

Down river about 7 miles is Northwest Creek (basically our home marina, but we aren't there at the moment). It is often called the Fairfield Harbor Marina as it is in the middle of that development. It's a good place. It is beginning to age. It is a good community of boaters. It has fixed piers but the fingers are very short. The huge plus is that it is a hurricane hole and you are not asked to leave during storms. They have an extensive plan to protect boats. They have fuel and pumpout onsite. Showers are older, but lots of liveabords use them with no complaints.

I suggest yoiu visit them, but the reality is that for just a month, stay at The Grand and explore downtown on foot.
Brewery 99
Brown Pelican
Capt. Ratty's
Bruins
MJ's
Beer Army
BTM (Bear Town Market)
The Cellar
Bear Town Coffee(?)

If you're looking for marina suggestions, the New Bern Grand Marina is super nice. Walking distance to everything and yes there are showers. New Bern is a nice town.

We have stayed there twice for a few days each time. It's a good marina in a great town. Nice showers and laundry. Friendly staff. One even got down on the floor and played with our puppy.

Next time we hit New Bern we will stay there again.

For short-term stay, New Bern Grand will do fine for you. Their showers are a long walk if you are on A-C Dock

Bridgeport is just across the Trent River bridge and basically the same price and the marina facilities are a bit closer to the docks. Newer too.

The Galley Store is around the corner. I don't know if they allow working on your boat, but the think I dislike about it is it hangs right out tin the river and it is a rolly place to be. They do have fuel and a nice shore convenience store with a good beer selection.

Across the Neuse is Bridgeton Marina. It is also very exposed. I can't comment on the facilities. I have never seen them.

All of the above have floating docks.

Down river about 7 miles is Northwest Creek (basically our home marina, but we aren't there at the moment). It is often called the Fairfield Harbor Marina as it is in the middle of that development. It's a good place. It is beginning to age. It is a good community of boaters. It has fixed piers but the fingers are very short. The huge plus is that it is a hurricane hole and you are not asked to leave during storms. They have an extensive plan to protect boats. They have fuel and pumpout onsite. Showers are older, but lots of liveabords use them with no complaints.

I suggest yoiu visit them, but the reality is that for just a month, stay at The Grand and explore downtown on foot.
Brewery 99
Brown Pelican
Capt. Ratty's
Bruins
MJ's
Beer Army
BTM (Bear Town Market)
The Cellar
Bear Town Coffee(?)

Hey Tom,
Such great information!
We are going to be spending a lot of time going to and from our vehicle, Bridgeport
Sounds perfect! Here hoping they have room

It's BridgePointe that you need, not port. Both there and at the NBGM are also super convenient to get out to the highway for West Marine trips. There is a little local hardware store, Mitchell's Hardware, that also has tons of pieces parts and tools.

Congrats on the new boat!

Congrats! What did you get?

It's BridgePointe that you need, not port. Both there and at the NBGM are also super convenient to get out to the highway for West Marine trips. There is a little local hardware store, Mitchell's Hardware, that also has tons of pieces parts and tools.

Congrats on the new boat!

LOL! Got it

Our boat is at Bridgepointe Marina, just across the bridge from downtown New Bern and we highly recommend it. We like the fact that you have dedicated parking for the marina. That helps a great deal when you are making multiple trips from vehicle to boat to load/off-load supplies and gear.

There are showers (though only 2).

PM me if you would like more information.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom